Great opportunity for an Environmental Manager looking to collaborate with a Tier 1 client on a £507m major highway project. The new road will provide better connections between Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Bedford, and St Neots.
Several junction improvements will also be made, including a new three-tier junction allowing free flowing traffic onto the A1 and the new dual carriageway.
• Assist in the production of planning permission for schemes (review of environmental documentation e.g., environmental statement, flood modelling, noise modelling, ecology surveys etc.)
• Provide advice, support, and assistance to operational and project personnel to enable them to deliver and manage their environmental and sustainable responsibilities and objectives
• Assist the OU Sustainability Manager and wider Infrastructure environmental team in any best practice initiatives and delivering ad-hoc improvement projects
• Assist in the development and delivery of suitable environmental and sustainability training for all project staff
• Represent and promote the Environment Enabling Function in internal and external meetings, workshops, management reviews and forums – communicating best practice standards and initiatives
• Act as company environmental representative and lead with clients, local authority, and regulators, facilitating communication and collaboration
• Degree level in appropriate Environmental or relevant discipline
• At least 5 years’ construction industry experience or relevant environmental experience in a similar sector
• Minimum Practitioner Membership with IEMA or similar professional membership
• Full driving licence and willingness to travel across projects/ contracts in region
• Competent IT skills • Deliver results
Redfish promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We embrace differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic. We have an inclusive recruitment philosophy and will endeavour to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.