An opportunity for a Senior Estimator has arisen for a highly respected client within the building industry. the successful candidate will provide support by means of quotes, calculations, business proposals and query resolution for both commercial and domestic projects.
Salary: Up to £26700
Hours per week: 37 hours
*Use company CRM system for services and customer administration.
* Envelope area calculations from engineering drawings – both hard and soft copy using ADOBE professional software including measurement tools and CAD.
* Pre-proposal assessments to identify client's needs, determining suitable testing methodology and operating equipment.
* Attend project meetings to define project requirements and full scope of works for compliance testing in accordance with the appropriate building regulations.
* Develop project pricing proposals for single and mixed-use developments based on client requirements in line with the appropriate building regulations.
* Provide advise to clients to assist with demonstrating building regulations compliance.
* Desktop drawing/design reviews.
* Management of the report QA process to ensure client deliverables are met on time.
*Excellent mathematical skills to perform envelope area calculation on complex shapes.
* Educated to degree level preferably in an engineering-based subject.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Technically minded with excellent analytical skills.
* Computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word.
* Aptitude to work on own initiative, prioritising and with excellent time management.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to interpret construction engineering drawings.
* Thorough understanding of Building Regulations Part E, L, F and Building Standards Section 5 & 6 (Desirable).
* Knowledge of common UK methods of construction.
* Thorough understanding of ATTMA TSL1a and TSL2a (preferably signed off by ATTMA).
* Thorough understanding of sound insulation testing procedures.
* Understanding of the requirements for compliance testing services in UK building regulations.
* Technical report writing skills.
* Presentation skills (power point etc).
* Motivational, inspirational, and persuasive.
* Must hold current valid CSCS CARD.
* Good team player
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.