Our client is an established and privately owned, London based Developer and Main Contractor that has been operating for over 20 years and has a reputation for creating outstanding and award-winning homes, in and around the capital. Currently, they are working on a range of residential development schemes in London.
As a main contractor, they work with a range of private and public sector local authority and housing associations. They have a proven track record of delivering logistically difficult projects, both new construction and refurbishment and/or conversion of listed or existing buildings.
Overview of Responsibilities:
* Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, specifications and other related documents.
* Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
* Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as and when needed.
* Organize sub-contractors quotations, negotiate to insure quotes meet contract documents and issue proper documented purchase orders.
* Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labour costing
* Analyse drawings and specifications
* Understand contractual terms and conditions
The ideal Candidate:
* Efficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, JD Edwards, and other software systems.
* Knowledge of all construction practices nation-wide.
* Ability to perform several tasks efficiently under tight deadlines.
* Detail oriented, energetic, and hard-working personality.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in purchasing and estimating required
In return, they offer:
* The opportunity to work on high end projects for major blue-chip companies and wealthy individuals.
* A very competitive basic salary and good package.
* A stable and supportive work environment where staff are actively looked after.
* Carefully planned training and encouraging ongoing growth and learning, enabling employees to reach their career aspirations.
* An award-winning team, comprising of sector leading expertise
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.