One of the most recognisable regional names in the regional contracting market, operating for over 40 years throughout East Anglia, this modern, forward-thinking main contractor have quickly developed a reputation as one of the leading builders in the area, delivering an exciting range of complex projects across a range of business sectors. As a progressive business, they can demonstrable incredible staff retention and place a genuine emphasis on looking after their workforce with a range of benefits on offer.
As Estimator / Senior Estimator, you’ll be responsible for taking the lead on pre-contract and tender activity across a range of exciting general building projects, with support around you from the existing estimating team. You’ll have the opportunity to get stuck into a diverse range of tenders, each with own challenges, covering sectors such as education, healthcare, hospitality, leisure and much more, with projects ranging in value up to £30m+ at their largest.
* Oversee all tender activity including pricing, preparation and submission.
* Provide detailed breakdowns of tenders
* Obtain best value sub-contract and supplier prices
* Procurement of sub-contract works including documentation and compliance
* Hold and attend regular tender review meeting
* Effective communication with clients, suppliers, external consultants and colleagues through to senior management.
* Preparing high-quality bids
Qualifications & Experience:
* Construction related degree or equivalent, ideally Quantity Surveying or Construction Management.
* A minimum of 5 years spent in a similar capacity within the construction industry, ideally with a main contractor.
* You’ll ideally be situated with good access to the Ipswich area.
What to do next:
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest, apply via the link below and we look forward to discussing the role in more detail with you.
If this role is not for you but you are interested in hearing of different opportunities, we’d still be keen to hear from you, so please get in touch on the number provided.
Please note, all applications are held in the strictest confidence
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.