Our client is the complete sports construction and estate infrastructure specialist across the UK. Providing an inclusive end to end solution for a new build, refurbishments, and enhancement projects.
They cover 5 divisions, Sports construction, Surfacing and Civils, Design, and smart pitches.
Your new role
Reporting to a Commercial Manager and working as part of a close-knit team, you will carry out the estimating process for new & ongoing works, preparing accurate cost estimates and rates for submissions for a wide range of customers and services; from car parks to sports pitches, access roads to pathways.
Other elements to the role include:
* Studying the commercial and technical requirements of bids ensuring we capitalise on commercial opportunities and mitigate company risk
* Negotiating prices & contract conditions with prospective customers at contract letting stage
* Liaising with other members of the bid team, e.g., quality team, to ensure that the bid addresses all issues, and the estimate is robust
* Completing site visits to prospective and current customers to assess work methods and possible challenges or opportunities.
* Maintaining a working knowledge of subcontractors and ensuring that estimates are based upon approved and competent suppliers
* Maintaining an up-to-date resources database to ensure estimates are accurate and competitive
* Managing customer contact during the bid process and responding to requests for information
* Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe and environmentally acceptable manner in accordance with the policies of the company and the Integrated Management System
What you will need to succeed
* Previous experience in Estimating, ideally within a similar industry
* Understanding of road and civil construction methods and our products would be a strong advantage
* Likewise a background in sports pitch and play construction.
* Ability to build strong relationships, be willing to interact across all levels of an organisation and work well collaborating as part of a close-knit team
* Strong Commercial awareness with sound judgement and ability to make decisions
* Proficient at managing time with the ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines accurately whilst working under pressure
* Strong communication and numerical skills
* Full Clean Driving licence
* Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Google
What you will get in return
* Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
* Opportunities for Career Progression.
* An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.