Estimator – Facades
About our Client
Our client is one of the longest standing Façade specialists in the UK, who have a well known and respected name within the construction world. This company undertake complex envelope projects from design stage, through to production, installation and aftersales, which are a mixture of commercial and residential both low and high rise schemes. Contract values generally range between £1m to £15m, working for major Contractor and Developers.
About the role
Due to a high volume of tender enquiries and company expansion, our client is looking Estimators for their northern office.
The individual will be dedicated to getting the best price that will win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, whilst ensuring all activities and tasks that must be accomplished to maintain a desired level of excellence. The Estimator will be Working independently using industry experience and knowledge to provide detailed estimates for client projects, including cost estimates, work time estimates, and overall customer satisfaction. They maintain existing client contracts and continuously seek out new clients and estimating opportunities.
* Prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important metrics, the goal is to provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth, assessing material, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers:
* Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included or qualified in the final price to the customer
* Prepare and manage the bid budget spreadsheet
* Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
* Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
* Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post tender negotiations and contract award deliverables
* Ensuring that the most appropriate and relevant solutions for each bid are effectively pulled together from all parts of the business
* Management of all aspects of the bid process to ensure deadlines are met
* Evaluates risk and opportunity and contributes to developing tendering strategy.
* Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
* Detailed review of vendor and sub-contractor quotations
* Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analysing information, etc.
Required Professional Competencies:
* Technical skills: proven skills in working with Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook); Value-added technical or business skills
* Planning and organizing: orchestrates and implements clear, efficient and logical approach to work and manages assignments, objectives and time; gives priority to service-affecting problems.
* Management of Time and Priority Setting: manage one's time; demonstrates self-discipline, controlling interruptions by molding the behavior of others who have varying priorities, and being time-effective and time-efficient.
About the benefits / rewards:
Our client support, develop and understand their employees. They offer employee stability through permanent long-term employment and stable working environment. You will be well rewarded for your hard work with a remuneration package that will correspond to the individuals experience and skills. This position offers an excellent basic salary of between £35,000 – £55,000 dependant on experience.
To apply, please contact lewis on (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.