variety in their work and enjoys a challenging role. The day-to-day duties will include the below:
Duties & responsibilities
* Procure Sub Contract packages, approve sub contract orders ensuring compliance with specification, drawings and employers requirements.
* Ensure adequate PO’s are in place.
* Produce buying schedule in conjunction with CM.
* Prepare and submit client applications accurately and in a timely manner
* Manage subcontract applications and ensure work packages are valued correctly and on time.
* Manage project correspondence and meeting attendance
* Ensure monthly applications are certified on time and invoiced as appropriate.
* Manage and agree subcontract instructions and variations, capture site omissions and additions
* Conclude subcontract accounts
* Preparation of monthly cost to compete reports ( CTC's ) accurately and on time.
* Participate in Team meetings and liaise with CM
* Carry out and assist PM with Value Engineering as appropriate
* Liaise with senior staff or line manager in respect of claims for acceleration, prolongation and EOT requests
* Read, understand and implement the Company Health and Safety Policy and QA at all times
* Monitor, measure, and report key profit opportunities and concerns
* Liaise with finance team
* Complete the role of contract administrator where required
* Engage with regular site visits
Required skills and experience
* Excellent time keeping and able to manage own workload and work to deadlines
* Comfortable working alone or as part of a team
* Ideal candidate will be friendly, proactive, have excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
* Must have a minimum of 5 years experience working in a Quantity Surveyor role
* Must have good Microsoft Office skills including excellent Excel capabilities
* Role will involve the use of numerous databases and software so candidates will need the ability to learn new software and processes quickly
* Must have a full driving licence as some travel will be required
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.