A young, ambitious main contractor who have already taken a number of steps towards competing with the region’s big boys, this business are a sharp, well-presented outfit with an emphasis on delivery quality above and beyond general expectations. Looking to establish themselves as a key regional main contractor servicing the wider East Anglia area, they are in the throes of enacting a detailed, progressive business plan which has already seen them acquire key projects and personnel that have allowed them to take next steps.
As Estimator / Senior Estimator, you’ll be responsible for taking the lead on pre-contract and tender activity across a range of exciting general building projects, as the company’s sole Estimator with direct reporting links to the MD and the Commercial Manager. You’ll have the opportunity to get stuck into a diverse range of tenders, each with own challenges, covering sectors such as education, healthcare, hospitality, leisure and much more, with projects ranging in value up to £1.5m at present, with the ambition to tackle much larger projects as the business develops around you. There’s a genuine opportunity to establish yourself as a key player in the business, with progression towards developing and managing your team very much the long term goal.
* Oversee all tender activity including pricing, preparation and submission.
* Provide detailed breakdowns of tenders
* Obtain best value sub-contract and supplier prices
* Procurement of sub-contract works including documentation and compliance
* Hold and attend regular tender review meeting
* Effective communication with clients, suppliers, external consultants and colleagues through to senior management.
* Preparing high-quality bids
Qualifications & Experience:
* Construction-related degree or equivalent, ideally Quantity Surveying or Construction Management.
* A minimum of 5 years spent in a similar capacity within the construction industry, ideally with a main contractor.
* You’ll ideally be situated with good access to the Colchester area.
What to do next:
If you are looking for a new opportunity and this role is of interest, apply via the link below and we look forward to discussing the role in more detail with you.
If this role is not for you but you are interested in hearing of different opportunities, we’d still be keen to hear from you, so please get in touch on the number provided.
Please note, all applications are held in the strictest confidence
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.