Fire Safety Engineer – London & South East
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? You will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are seeking an experienced Fire Safety Engineer for this fantastic opportunity to join our rapidly expanding Fire Safety team. You will be given the opportunity to work with both Public and Private Sector clients as well as assisting in further developing the range of projects. This will be a rewarding and challenging opportunity and will offer further career development opportunities as the team continues to grow.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with meticulous attention to detail. You will be a positive, pro-active and self-motivated Fire Safety Engineer with a friendly and personable approach. You will communicate effectively with people at all levels including internal colleagues and stakeholders and external clients and suppliers.
As Associate Fire Safety Engineer, you will deliver Fire Safety Engineering We offer expertise to public and private sector clients both nationally and internationally through the full project life cycle.
Responsibilities will include:
* Applying fire engineering in the design of buildings
* Attending on-site meetings, client meetings and design team meetings
* Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to win or deliver projects with a fire safety component
* Technical delivery of fire safety services
* Design and drawing appraisals, checking for fire design compliance with Approved Document B, BS9999 or fire engineering design
* Provide help, advice and assessment of individual issues including:
* Fire safety management; compartmentation, passive and active fire safety building systems; occupancy levels; places of special fire risk, fire escape doors and fire escape routes, fire fighting lifts; emergency lighting, fire alarms, fire hydrants, sprinklers and fire fighting equipment, specialist fire protection systems, arrangements for disabled people, fire appliance routes, construction fire safety audits and plans, end user Fire Safety Manuals
* Providing Technical Guidance to more junior members of the team
You will be you will be an experienced Chartered (or working towards chartership) Fire Safety Engineer capable of working as part of a wider team, often multi-disciplinary, and able to manage your own projects and workload.
You will have extensive experience in delivering fire engineering solutions for projects within the commercial, residential, education and healthcare sector and experience in all aspects of fire engineering consultancy including the principles of fire dynamics.
It is essential that you have knowledge of:
* Human behaviour
* Smoke control
* Means of escape
* Design codes
* Standards and guidance both (International desirable)
Demonstrable experience in the use of fire and evacuation modelling software packages or use of structural fire engineering methods would be advantageous and you should have a full clean driver’s license and be prepared to undergo security clearance
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.