Selwood are leaders in Pump manufacture, rental and sales. We are passionate about our service offering with unrivalled expertise and are proud to deliver to our clients on a global platform.
With a foundation of 75 years within our industry, Selwood continues to be an innovative business responding to meet the needs of our clients with cutting edge approaches to customer service, product development, manufacture and service.
Our Pump Rental Solutions business units operates 21 branches Nationwide delivering 24 hour pumping solutions to our wide ranging customer base. Our passion for quality and service delivery mean our regional teams are the best in the business.
Selwood Pump Rental branch in Bedford are looking to welcome a Foreman / Forewoman to join the team.
This role will be at the heart of the Bedford branch, working closely with our Branch Manager and managing a team of Fitters, Electricians and Yard staff, this role will also bring the individual into daily contact with Selwood stakeholders as well as our external client base.
The Foreman / Forewoman will direct and ensure the smooth running of the workshop on a day-to-day basis, maximising the utilisation of resources (staff skills), materials and equipment at a minimal cost. This role will also carry out pump servicing, maintenance, repairs, modifications and improvements as required. To manage the stock in the depot & liaise with the fleet support manager & hire desk to resolve any issues. To organise and monitor the workshop QHSE.
* To be a positive and motivational force within Selwood at all times.
* Developing and maintaining a workshop repair programme for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of hire fleet, sales and customers’ machines.
* Maintain and submit appropriate records and returns as required by the Company or applicable legislation.
* To be responsible for the quality and standard of work produced and for the discipline of workshop/ yard staff.
* Report to the Branch Manager proposals for modifications to machines or equipment.
* Order spares or material requirements required for preventative maintenance, work in hand or repairs.
* Recommend improvements to work methods, systems, procedures and equipment likely to improve efficiency and reduce waste and cost and ensure implementation of those improvements when approved.
* Ensure that all the necessary administration required for the control of work within the department is completed and submitted to the Branch Manager.
* To accept, in an emergency, after-hour telephone calls so as to maintain a twenty-four hour cover.
* To be responsible for all damage charges to clients & other depots/ departments.
* As necessary, to personally carry out work in compliance with recommended manufacturer’s procedures and having regard for own health and safety, Company employees, customers, general public and the environment.
* To understand and interpret work to relevant instructions and technical information available, so as to carry out all tasks in the most efficient and safe manner.
* To manage the stock in the depot & liaise with the fleet support manager & hire desk to resolve any issues.
* To organise and monitor the workshop QHSE.
Qualifications & skills:
– Holder of a Mechanical apprenticeship / degree or equivalent qualification.
– Proven history of working within a workshop / engineering environment.
– Previous management of teams in a busy environment.
– Confident self starter, who has the ability to influence and motivate teams.
– Flexible and adaptable.
Selwood are pleased to offer;
Enhanced overtime rates
Pension scheme (Contributory Salary Sacrifice)
24 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Increasing annual leave entitlement with long service
Support development and Training
On site parking
This role is not open to Agencies – Please no calls or emails – Thank you.
Workdry International Ltd is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.