Position: Supervisor/Foreman – RC/Groundwork's
Location: Mitchell (Newquay) – Freelance (2 years +)
Roles / Responsibilities:
To plan and co-ordinate works and be the main point of contact for the client and/or or ‘Contacts Manager’. The Foreman will take responsibility for the safety, quality and environmental elements of their work sites and the welfare of the employees therein.
Principal Duties / Tasks:
* Ensure a steady flow of work is issued by the client(s) to maintain the site resource levels
* Survey potential works and submit reports to the commercial department for pricing
* Plan and be responsible for and co-ordinate site works in accordance with the instructions of the client and their Contracts Manager. Prepare the associated Site Works Plan(s) / Project Management Plan(s)
* Organise and deliver associated pre-start briefings and ongoing toolbox talks, and be able to complete and submit the associated paperwork
* Deliver in accordance with the programme for the site works and keep the Contracts Manager updated on progress
* Complete all necessary documentation to allow works to start, i.e. ‘Site Specific Risk Assessment’, etc..
* Deliver general toolbox talk training sessions and method statement briefings, and complete the associated paperwork
* Manage all sub-contractors and site visitors and ensure their safety during works
* Experience in the Industries in which we work i.e. highways, groundwork, RC etc.
* Multi skilled in all aspects of civils works
* Full clean driving licence
* An understanding of relevant health & safety legislation
* CSCS Supervisor Card essential (Black or Gold)
* SSSTS or SMSTS (preferred)
* Good computer skills
* Professional attitude and ability to operate without supervision
* Capable of teaching and developing operatives
* Supervisory: 2 years
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.