About Colas Ltd
Colas Ltd are a UK subsidiary of the global Colas Group, which operates in over 50 countries worldwide and employs over 55,000 people. We are specialists in highways construction and have been involved in large scale UK and international construction projects within the highways, airfields and marine sectors as well as offering highways maintenance services and manufacturing our own innovative surfacing products. We hold a ‘Gold Investor in People’ award for continuously developing and rewarding our employees, offering excellent career potential.
Our UK Projects team specialise in major road, airfield and marine build projects in excess of £100m in value. We work on large-scale projects all over the world such as our Hoima International Airport joint venture project in Uganda. With a big focus on developing this area of our business and some high profile recent wins, it’s a great time to join our UK Projects team.
About the Role
Colas are recruiting for a General Foreman to join our UK major projects division.
You will be responsible for the coordination and safe management of all operational site activities, SHEQ, programme and budget requirements are met.
* Ensure the coordination of and communication between all parts of the operation team including suppliers, subcontractors, engineering, SHEQ and customer teams
* Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identify training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings
* Ensure high standard of quality on the works to meet the specification requirements ‘first time’ and minimise rework
* Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme
* Ensure accurate, legible and up-to-date allocation sheets are recorded and provided at shift close with delivery tickets and plant returns to the engineering and commercial teams
* Ensure all records for example inspections, works permits and briefings are up to date and in place
* Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections
* Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team
* Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
* Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s)
* Ensure all company, customer and project policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to
* Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
As well as a competitive salary, Colas offer an excellent benefits package, which includes:
* Competitive contribution pension scheme
* Car / car allowance
* 25 days annual leave per annum + the option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
* Opportunity to study towards professional qualifications
* NI free childcare vouchers
* Ongoing training, and personal professional development
* Discounts on car leasing, holidays, cinema tickets, restaurants and much more through our online employee benefits portal
The Candidate will hold the relevant Construction qualifications and have experience working on Civil Engineering / Major Highways schemes.
You will also have:
* Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations
* Comprehensive understanding and experience of a wide range of construction techniques and best practices
* Basic computer competence (E-mail, MS Word, Excel)
* Excellent analytical and organisational skills
* Civil engineering and construction experience
* Excellent communication and people and team management skills
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
* Good management skills, with the ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance
* Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
Colas is fully committed to promoting equality and diversity and maintaining a culture of fairness, transparency and respect for all employees, clients, communities, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders. Colas aims to be inclusive, meet diverse needs and promote awareness and ownership in the workplace and the communities in which we serve.
Colas values the strength and differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation and believes that by harnessing these differences, we will foster a productive environment where equity and mutual respect are intrinsic, where talents are being fully utilised and organisational goals are met
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.