To be a groundworker, you will need a good level of fitness, a basic knowledge of building methods and an understanding of the materials used in construction. At the start of a job, you will help to prepare the site, unload and store building materials and once the work gets underway, further duties could include:
* Ground working – marking out and digging shallow trenches for foundations
* Form working – putting up or dismantling the shuttering that holds the concrete in place
* Steel fixing – bending and fixing the bars used to reinforce concrete structures
* Steel piling – fixing steel sheets together to form temporary retaining walls for excavation work
* Concreting – layering and smoothing concrete for foundations, floors and beams
* Road working – concreting, laying kerbs, paving and re-surfacing
Typical Working Week
You will work on site for four days per week and attend college for one day a week. Most site hours are Monday to Friday, 08.00-17.00.
* Positive attitude to work and colleagues
* Practical ability and awareness of working safely
* A good head for heights and sense of balance
* Self-motivation and desire to learn
* Is both resilient and committed
* Good co-ordination skills and a methodical approach
* Is always looking to improve
* Enjoys being a team player
On completion of NVQ L2 in Groundworks you will gain your blue trade specific CSCS card which enables you to work as a qualified construction operative. There are also opportunities to progress into plant operations or into site supervisory or management roles.
Key Training/College Information
K10 will enrol and fund your qualifications through a funded training provider. It is likely to take upto 24 months to complete this apprenticeship, depending on current qualifications and experience.
Applicants need to have at least an Entry Level 3 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade 3 (d) or above in English and Maths.
The passion and commitment to become a fully qualified construction operative. It would be advantageous if you have any construction based qualifications, have previous related work experience, CSCS and/or PASMA, but this is certainly not essential
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.