This is an opportunity to work in some of the biggest construction projects in Cambridgeshire, with one of the most prestigious contractors. The apprenticeships will be starting immediately. If you would like to kick-start your career in construction, apply now.
To be a groundworker, you will need a good level of fitness, a basic knowledge of building methods and an understanding of the materials used in construction. At the start of a job, you will help to prepare the site, unload and store building materials and once the work gets underway, further duties could include:
* Ground working – marking out and digging shallow trenches for foundations
* Form working – putting up or dismantling the shuttering that holds the concrete in place
* Steel fixing – bending and fixing the bars used to reinforce concrete structures
* Steel piling – fixing steel sheets together to form temporary retaining walls for excavation work
* Concreting – layering and smoothing concrete for foundations, floors and beams
* Road working – concreting, laying kerbs, paving and re-surfacing
Typical Working Week
You will work on site for four days per week and attend college for one day a week. Most site hours are Monday to Friday, 08.00-17.00.
* Positive attitude to work and colleagues
* Practical ability and awareness of working safely
* A good head for heights and sense of balance
* Self-motivation and desire to learn
* Is both resilient and committed
* Good co-ordination skills and a methodical approach
* Is always looking to improve
* Enjoys being a team player
On completion of NVQ L2 in construction operatives you will gain your blue trade specific CSCS card which enables you to work as a qualified construction operative. There are also opportunities to progress into plant operations or into site supervisory or management roles.
Key Training/College Information
K10 will enrol and fund your qualifications through a SFA funded training provider. It is likely to take 12-24 months to complete this apprenticeship, depending on current qualifications and experience.
Applicants need to have at least an Entry Level 3 in Functional Skills or GCSE grade 3 or above in English and Maths.
The passion and commitment to become a fully qualified construction operative. It would be advantageous if you have any construction based qualifications, have previous related work experience, CSCS and/or PASMA, but this is certainly not essential
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.