Reach Resourcing are working with UK's premier supplier of modular building solutions who provide interim modular buildings and permanent bespoke offsite solutions through application, site and design.
The Head of Pre-Construction Manager will assemble a bid support team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The Manager is typically responsible for managing an opportunity from qualification through to contract award, including value proposition / strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification, and risk management. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
Proven capability in delivering winning, multi-valued product or complex project opportunities. Ideally has a background in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions, and solution design.
Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace. Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills. Have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities. Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
* Lead, guide and manage the Estimating/Pre-construction/Bid support teams to deliver business plans
* To manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities alongside Divisional Director
* Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
* Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer alongside Estimating Manager
* Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
* Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
* Manage the bid budget alongside Estimating Manager
* Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
* Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
* Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
* Must be an excellent communicator
* identifying opportunities on which to submit bids and feeding into the decision over whether to bid for the work
* devising a successful strategy for winning a bid, including pinpointing the unique selling points (key differentiators) of your organisation, knowing your company’s operating and profit margins and understanding the clients’ specific requirements (the client in this case is the organisation that is offering the work) supported by Sales Team
* researching, writing and/or checking proposals
* assessing and addressing the technical and commercial risks relating to the bid they are working on
* ensure all preconstruction duties/requirements are carried out to suit enquiry and deliverables to support offer and mitigate risk
* ensuring due diligence and clear understanding of contracts and risk/mitigation associated with at bid stage to form part of settlement
* supporting research on current and future market trends alongside Sales Team/Marketing and BDA
* responding to clients’ and other stakeholders’ queries before, during and after the bid has been submitted supported by Bid Team
* overseeing the bid team during the bid process and making sure deadlines are met for all bids
* if the bid is successful, briefing the teams who will carry out the project work and launching to operations with clear/concise and detailed handover information
You will have experience and knowledge of the following;
* Develop and implement strategies for winning bids
* Handover to operational teams at contract award
* Compliance with corporate governance requirements
To apply by following the directions on the website, alternatively for more information please call Liz Owen at Reach Resourcing Hull.
Reach Resourcing recruit for Temporary, Temp-to-Perm and Permanent opportunities working Industrial, Manufacturing, Engineering, Construction, Production and Modular sectors throughout the region. If this role is not suitable for you, we would be happy to have an informal discussion regarding any future opportunities.
While we will endeavour to respond to every applicant personally, on occasion this is not always possible, therefore, if you have not heard back from us within 14 days of applying, you have been unsuccessful
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.