Health and Safety Advisor
Salary £50,000 plus package Including £5520 Car allowance
Background and purpose of the role:
Following the contract award of a major earth moving contract on the HS2 scheme we are now seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to provide effective guidance and support to our site delivery team.
The new role which is site based is deemed an integral position of ensuring the successful delivery of the project. The role will be to provide effective HSE support and guidance to the site team to ensure a safe working environment without risk to health and continuously promoting a positive safety culture.
The HSE Advisor will ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and environmental management.
In so doing, the postholder will be instrumental in achieving the Company’s mission statement in accordance with the Company’s values
Key activities and responsibilities of the role
* Provide effective health, safety and environmental support and guidance to our site team to ensure a safe working environment without risk to health, safety or harm to the environment.
* Continually promote high standards of health, safety and environmental management and drive continuous improvement.
* Conduct regular HSE site tours and inspections ensuring personnel are working in accordance with the Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan and Method Statements and Risk Assessments
* Conduct incident investigations and associated reports Identify and report performance trends
* Build positive relationships with all levels of the workforce Work in close collaboration with the clients SHE team ensuring set HSE standards and goals are met
* Conduct ad hoc HSE training Chair regular HSE Meetings
* Conduct Site Inductions
* Closely support the HSE Administrator
* Maintain the Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan
* Review and maintain general project HSE documentation
* Compile and circulate topical toolbox talks and health, safety and environmental alerts
* Produce monthly HSE reports for the Company Health & Safety Manager
For furthe information please contact SEDR Recruitment
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.