Our client is a leading multi-disciplined contractor who operate nationwide. Their core business services the industrial sector and they are currently looking for a Health and Safety Advisor which will lead into maagement.
About the Role:
* Advise the management team on all aspects of HSSE Management; in accordance with legal requirement and company policies.
* Ensure that suitable and sufficient HSSE training is provided at all levels of the organisation..
* Be responsible for establishing and maintaining management systems required for the site's to achieve its HSSE objective with due regard for Occupational Safety, Process Safety and the environment. .
* Prepare statements of Health, Safety and Environmental policy, internal codes of practice, risk assessment documentation, contractors regulations and other documents aimed at ensuring consistency of approach by the management team
* Record, monitor and evaluate accident and incident trends. As the assigned level 1 investigator lead ensure that the appropriate investigation and follow up actions are taken for all relevant incident logs.
* Be the focal point for accident investigations, corporate reporting, training plans etc
* Assist in the preparation of safe systems of work, contribute to corporate HSSE initiatives, participate in corporate knowledge exchange
* Lead and facilitate site meetings ie. Health & Safety Committee, Behavioural Based Safety.
* Auditor duties – Represent the site for all third party audits in maintaining approval to ISO14001. Control and monitor the HSSE auditing procedures.
* Be the focal point for all waste management and environmental activities for the site
* Review the legislation and standards that area applicable to the site and identify any new requirements and make appropriate arrangements to ensure the site complies as the new requirements come into effect.
* Organise the site emergency management arrangements to include the training of the site emergency management team and run different scenario exercises.
* Conducting business with a goal zero injuries and incidents
* Providing a safe, healthy and secure work environment for employees and contractors
* Maintaining a risk based management system that is designed to ensure compliance with applicable legal and other requirements
* Promoting continual performance improvement, Providing stewardship of process and products & practicing pollution prevention and optimizing resources
* Risj Assesments and Method statement reporting
About the Candidate:
– You should have experience in a similar role
– You will have ISO 9001, 14001 at least
– You will be a team player
– At times be willing to travel to other sites across the country for meetings
– Your attention to detail should be very good
Points of Appeal:
– There will be opportunity to progress within the management team
– You will have full support from your team and management
– You will work on some of the largest industrial projects in the UK, every day will be different
– A full benefit package is offered with ongoing training and support
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.