Health & Safety Advisor
Report to the regional HSE Manager and provide support and assistance to HSE team, Construction Directors, Contracts Managers, and the site teams on HSE issues.
Responsible for: Banbury Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Warwickshire,Northamptonshire and Leicestershire
Regional Health & Safety
Main purpose of the role
* Have/build an accurate understanding of the Organisations HSE policies and management system. Promote and ensure implementation of the organisations occupational H&S and environmental policies and procedures across all developments.
Key Activities (detailed tasks)
* Attend pre-commencement meetings as requested to proactively contribute to the initial decisions made by the construction team on H&S matters.
* Provide assistance to the organisation in the evaluation of pre-commencement risks and appropriate discharge of the requirements of CDM 2015. Where applicable, assist with the completion (in review with the Contracts Manager), the content and detail of the Construction Phase Plan, Traffic Management plans and RAMS documentation.
* Provide a consistent inspection and monitoring service in respect of HSE matters to the site teams, provide appropriate reports on the standards observed. Be proactive and ensure actions are closed out with CD’s/CM’s/Site Supervisors. Provide updates to HSE Manager on your monthly schedule of visits to include 4 weekly visits for all Clients and 2 weekly visits for all M&J Evans Principal Contractor sites including a summary of key risks for the HSE Manager to enable additional support & guidance where required.
* Ensure suitable support and provide best practice solutions/ advice to all operational teams. Use strong interpersonal skills to build effective relationships at all levels. Complete monthly TBT/ Safety Briefings/ Training as per requirement.
* Lead on accident/incident investigation. Produce detailed and factual investigation reports with establishment of immediate/contributory/ root cause analysis. Record lessons learned and any subsequent actions to prevent recurrence.
* Support the Contracts Manager with new starter inductions to ensure all safety procedures are discussed and understood by those who will undertake them.
* Proactively liaise with site personnel as to ensure safe systems of work are developed such as the risk assessments and that controls are developed and implemented with those completing the works.
* Ensure any serious breach of company policy, procedures and legislation are brought to the attention of the contracts manager/ Managing Director and others as required.
* Develop and maintain personal Health & Safety knowledge and demonstrate this through ‘continuous professional development’.
* Ensure that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
* NEBOSH general
* NEBOSH Construction
* Membership of IOSH
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Lead Auditor
* Develop and maintain Personal Health & Safety knowledge and demonstrate this through Continuous Professional Development
* Great interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to build effective relationships with existing site management teams
* Experience of the in-house build sector, preferably from a groundworks/civil background
Ability to build relationships and provide best practice solutions to operational teams
Skills and Knowledge
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Confident using the Microsoft office suite (word, excel, teams, PowerPoint)
The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately
Ability to organise workload effectively for the purpose of meeting deadlines
Ability to demonstrate flexibility /versatility combined with initiative and drive
Ability to work autonomously and flexibly, responding to business needs
Communicates and engages
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.