Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major contractor on the HS2 main works, and as result we have several freelance opportunities for experienced Health & Safety Advisors.
The primary focus of these roles is to:
* Drive all aspects of Safety, Health & Wellbeing for the assigned Delivery Area.
* Promote and assist with both Corporate & Local SH&W Campaigns.
* Foster relationships with onsite operational teams and supply chain to monitor and drive SH&W Performance.
* Undertake Site Safety Inspections for all activities and proactively seek trends or anomalies within the inspections.
* Work with operational site teams to monitor and advise close out of audit/inspection findings, investigations and any other actions relating to the Delivery Area.
* Advise the SH&W Manager of common trends, events or inspection findings for local site activities to inform local campaigns, initiatives and to improve SHW performance across the Delivery Area.
* Apply and communicate the benefits of relevant content of the Business Management System.
* Assure the BMS requirements for all onsite activities and local facilities are met and maintained.
* Carry out internal audits and surveillance activities for both construction and non-construction activities, as required.
* Drive a positive SH&W culture onsite and actively promote and engage with “Making the Right Choice” and wellbeing initiatives.
* Appear on the “on call” Rota and follow the necessary “on call” procedures, as required.
* Contribute to and support the central SH&W Function as required.
About The Candidate
* Holding, as a minimum, NEBOSH Certificate [or equivalent] qualification in occupational safety and health.
* Holding TechIOSH status or higher
* Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities
* Excellent communication and engagement skills
* Strong knowledge and practical application of SH&W on the ground.
* Demonstrable experience of influencing SH&W culture and performance at operational level.
The rates advertised are inside IR35
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.