Our client, a civil engineering and asbestos management contractor, is looking to employ a Health & Safety Advisor on a permanent basis to assist in the management in the health and safety matters within the company through the provision of professional advice and solutions, ensuring compliance with legislation and best practice.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role would require the right candidate to undertake, and have demonstratable experience in, the responsibilities below.
• Reporting on the H&S Performance of the business to Top Management.
• Ensuring that the H&S MS conforms to the requirements of the applicable international standards (45001:2018).
• Ensuring that the health & safety management system processes are delivering their intended outputs
• To undertake management system audits to determine compliance.
• Fulfil the role of competent person as required under Regulation 7 of Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
• Ensuring the integrity of the health & safety management system is maintained when changes are planned and implemented.
• To implement SHEQ policies so that the requirements are clearly and unambiguously communicated to all parties concerned.
• Provide expertise on subject matter applicable to the companies’ undertakings.
• Implement internal audit programme to determine compliance with appropriate legislation, regs, international standards & company procedures.
• Undertake safety-based inspections of site activities as per requirements.
• Participate in planning the construction phase of works, to include development of Construction Phase Plans in accordance with CDM 2015.
• Undertaking root cause analysis and promoting corrective actions.
• Undertake accident investigation and report findings to Top Management.
• Act as a liaison to the HSE as and when required.
• Review and maintenance of the competency matrix.
• Coordinate training & competence programme to ensure staff are suitably skilled for the activities undertaken.
• Facilitate health surveillance programme (including drug & alcohol testing) through approved suppliers.
• Facilitate DBS checks on behalf of the employer.
• Assist in routine and non-routine hazard identification.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience of ISO 45001
• Demonstrable experience in a Health & Safety role
• Knowledge of the Asbestos and Construction industries
• Full working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
• NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
• NEBOSH General Certificate Health & Safety
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Influencing skills
• Planning and organising skills
• Embracing and driving change
• Effective verbal & written communication skills
• Visible SHEQ values
• ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Training
• ISO 45001:2018 Internal Auditor Training
• IOSH Membership
• CSCS Managers Card
Minimum Experience Needed:
• Demonstratable experience of working with ISO 45001 in a Health & Safety role within the Construction/Asbestos industry.
• Demonstratable experience of professional skills including SHEQ values, communication skills, Influencing skills, planning, attention to detail and training skills.
• Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft office suite
• NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or significant demonstratable experience in a Health & Safety role within the Construction/Asbestos industry.
• NEBOSH General Certificate Health & Safety (NEBOSH Construction desirable)
• CSCS Managers Card
If rate of pay is a sliding scale what is needed to get to the top amount:
• Significant demonstratable experience in a Health & Safety role within the Construction/Asbestos industry with a leading contractor.
• Professional membership with a relevant body (IOSH Membership)
• ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor Training qualification.
• ISO 45001:2018 Internal Auditor Training qualification.
• Significant demonstratable experience with all job description responsibilities and minimum experience needed section.
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.