About the role
Ferrovial Construction UK is looking to engage an Innovation Manager (or Head of Innovation) for their infrastructure, water and energy business covering both the UK and Ireland with tunneling as a transversal capability through all sectors.
Their responsibilities will focus on the search, acceleration and incubation of new innovative projects within the infrastructure, water and energy sectors, raising awareness on new scientific and technological trends. There will also be cross collaboration with other Ferrovial divisional companies. The individual will be expected to divide their time between new innovation and also identifying and capturing continuous improvement on our existing projects.
Wider responsibilities will include participation in targeted local, national and international scientific and business events (such as fairs, forums, presentations of emerging projects, startups, meetings with technology and academic centres, etc.). These events would enable the successful candidate to learn about advances and technological proposals that are consistent with the company's innovation policies. Possessing the business vision to detect and analyse technical and economic projection of innovation in infrastructure.
We are seeking an Innovation Manager that can communicate, defend and promote proposals with the aim of integrating them into the company.
* Analysis of the feasibility of proposals for Innovation Projects
* Generate the necessary documents to manage projects assigned to the department
* Preparation of technical documentation associated to the projects
* Management of stakeholders and project teams
* Management of innovation initiatives within the company
* Participation in innovation events and presentations
* Analysis of startups and innovative technology in the construction sector
Skills and Experience
* Extensive and considerable experience working in a similar position (5 – 10 years’ experience)
* Office 365 expertise. Capable of managing the package with proficient skills
* High communication and organisational skills
* Dynamic and proactive
* Work experience related to the construction/infrastructure sector
* Experience in IoT applied to construction (desirable)
* PMP certified (ideally)
* Project Manager skills
* Experience in R&D&I/innovation project management
* Up-to-date knowledge of technological advances, especially in the infrastructure sector
* Criteria to differentiate viable technological projects
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties.
About Ferrovial Construction
Ferrovial is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Other Business subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees.
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. They deliver value-driven, multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions to targeted sectors worldwide in transport, energy and water.
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
In 2020 Ferrovial invested €48m in 100+ projects and 45 projects with start ups.
Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK have 7 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2 Enabling works, HS2 Main Works, Silvertown Tunnel (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon Station.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.