Elements Europe – Telford, Shropshire
Join the Future of the Construction Industry….
Elements Europe has successfully positioned itself as a leading organisation in the UK’s off-site manufacturing and construction market; having an enviable portfolio of projects across hotels, residential and student accommodation.
Following substantial investment by leading global construction firm, GS Engineering & Construction (GS E&C), Elements Europe have a number of large projects in the pipeline and are looking to scale up the delivery capability with immediate effect with the appointment of an Junior Estimator
We are recruiting for a Junior Estimator to work at our forward thinking modular construction company that specialise in bespoke products. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to develop and progress their career.
Junior Estimator duties
* Assisting with the estimation and pricing of projects
* Produce estimates by gathering proposals, quotes, specifications and related documents
* Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage.
* Obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers; compute costs and maintain a fit-for-purpose cost database.
* Analyse, evaluate and perform risk analysis on supplier and subcontract packages
* Work with wider teams in pre-contract negotiations.
* Ensure that all necessary notices and submissions are met in a timely manner.
* Engage with the commercial/project team to agree budgets prior to the pre-start handover meeting.
* Assist with the control preliminary budgets for tender process.
* Ensure client relationships are maintained throughout commercial negotiations.
* Assist with the compile and maintain costs data reports.
* Review technical publications; track price trends and regulatory changes
About the Candidate
* Must be able to read and pull data from drawings
* Good knowledge of outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices.
* Experience with Bills of Quantities and other general estimating duties.
* Financially numerate with strong commercial knowledge.
* Good understanding of data analysis methods.
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
* Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports.
* Experience in an estimating capacity with project management background
* MUST be proficient in Microsoft Excel
If you feel you have the right experience and skill set; then please do not hesitate to apply for the role of Junior Estimator.
Unfortunatley, on this occasion we’re unable to accept applications from candidates who require VISA sponsorship support to work in the EU.
Elements Europe are advertising this role as a Direct Employer (not a Recruitment Agency).
**Please, No Agencies
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.