An exceptionally well-funded, privately family-owned, property investment and development company that are looking to appoint a Land Buyer to oversee site acquisition and assist them further with their growth. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a developer who has a respected local reputation built over many decades of developing.
The business is a very dynamic and entrepreneurial one, and due to its continued growth, are currently looking for a Land Buyer who has a successful track record in land acquisition and understands the process of sourcing and valuing land for a variety of projects including traditional housing in town centres/suburban locations and city centre high-density sites. Construction on the larger high-rise schemes has been traditionally outsourced and smaller developments of 10-50 units are self-delivered.
They are fortunate to have both private investors as well as considerable backing options that allows them to be successful in purchasing the most desirable sites. This role will be responsible for identifying and sourcing the best locations for new developments.
Duties to include:
* Identifying strategic land opportunities located within the North West, with a view for growth into the surrounding local areas.
* Detailed appraisals of strategic land opportunities, identifying constraints and opportunities.
* Preparation of detailed financial appraisals in order to assess risk and return.
* Preparation and submission of offers to landowners in order to acquire development sites and negotiating commercial terms.
* The preparation of detailed due diligence prior to the submission of offers and exchange of contracts to clearly identify and articulate the opportunities and risks with the proposed land acquisition.
* Identifying potential development opportunities through a range of methods, e.g. thorough examination of statutory development plans, housing land audits, potential change of uses, liaising with agents, and utilising an extensive contact base.
* You will provide support to the Managing Director who is also one of the company co-founders, across all projects and with other relevant duties as required, and assist in managing the acquisition of all sites, and directly manage a number of acquisitions from identification, diligence, offer, contract, purchase, planning, through to pre-start on all sites acquired.
* Liaise with external consultants as/when required throughout the land appraisal and bid process, and during planning application.
* Create and manage a land database including site registration, development plans, and offers submitted.
If you’re interested in this excellent career opportunity, then please get in touch
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.