To support the operations of our Wishaw branch, Selwood Pump Rental Solutions are inviting applications for the position of LGV driver.
This role will enhance our current abilities within the region and will cover Monday to Friday 40 hours a week. The role will participate in a call out rota (additional payments) to service the needs of our clients.
For this role we will require the following:
* Full LGV driving licence
* Hiab – Essential due to the nature of our work and equipment
* Proven work history in similar industry
* Over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes)
* Compliant with statutory medical standards and physically fit to climb up onto lorry bed and to ensure secure loading and strapping down of load.
* Digital Tachograph Driver Card
* Driver Qualification card and/or Periodic CPC Certification
To load, deliver and collect items of pumps and associated equipment between branches and customers sites in a safe, professional and efficient manner.
Tasks and responsibilities:
* Carry out work in compliance with Department of Transport Regulations and The Highway Code, having regard for personal safety, the safety of the workforce and the general public.
* Ensure an understanding of, and full compliance with, Tachograph operation and drivers’ hours’ legislation, including digital tachographs.
* Maintain an understanding of, and full compliance with, the Working Time Directive for mobile workers.
* Carry out a risk visual assessment prior to loading and unloading activity takes place, including a risk assessment of any parking/stopping place.
* Ensure all loading and unloading activity is carried out in a safe and efficient manner. All loads are to be positioned and secured safely and correctly to avoid overloading any of the axles and to avoid any possibility of the load moving during transit. This could include manual handling of hoses.
* Provide safe installation of pumping equipment by the use of lorry mounted crane.
* Carry out daily maintenance and defect checks of the vehicle in accordance with the Daily Vehicle Defect Check Report and report any defects promptly to the Manager. Continually monitor the vehicle throughout the day for any signs of defects developing, e.g.: any warning lights illuminating on the dash etc.
* To take part on call outs and be on the rota either regularly or on the ad-hoc basis.
* Ensure all items and quantities are matched to Branch paperwork, unless there are discrepancies upon collection which must be noted and signed for by the hirer or his representative.
* Communicate accurately to your immediate supervisor, work colleagues and customers regarding certain job specifications when required, e.g. ETA’s, missing and damaged items. Obtain signatures, full name, date and times when delivering and collecting.
Selwood are pleased to offer a competitive hourly rate, Pension scheme, 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Childcare vouchers and free onsite parking.
This role covers Monday to Friday 40 hours a week and will become part of the branch weekly call out rota. Additional payments for being on call and enhanced rates during call out (minimum of 4 hours per paid) will be applicable.
Selwood vehicles are installed with tracking systems to ensure safety of our workers.
Selwood support the development and training of our staff and we will provide in house courses applicable to this position in conjunction with courses to ensure CPC hours are achieved.
This role is not open to Agencies – Please no calls or emails – Thank you.
The recruitment of this role will be within strict social distancing guidelines as advised by the UK Government.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
We will review your data as supplied to us as part of your application to us in relation to an open position within our business.
We will retain your data for a period of 24months, when you will be notified by us via email to give your consent for continued retention of details or your consent for your data to be removed from our recruitment system.
Please visit our website to know more about our Customer Privacy and Data Protection Information
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.