We are keen to recruit a Maintenance Operative to work between sites in NW/NE London and South Herts. Working for an independent charity, we are looking for someone with a wide range of practical skills (predominatly plumbing) to work in adapted apartments and communal areas across 7 sites.
Ideally you will have your own vehicle (mileage paid) but a van can be availalbe for the right candidate.
* Working as part of the maintenance team to respond to all basic maintenance and repair issues highlighted by the Property Maintenance Manager in accordance with the obligations set out in the tenancy agreements and in the Tenant Handbook.
* Ensure that works are performed in accordance with agreed timescales, financial regulations, current legislation and budgets
* To attend MIDAS training as required.
* To maintain a clean UK driving licence suitable for the organisations vehicles
Although there is an emphasis on plumbing, other duties could include:
* Unblocking drains, sinks, toilets etc
* Replacing communal light bulbs
* Exterior painting – fencing, furniture, sheds, metal work etc
* Moving heavy items – as required by building, House Managers or Head Office
* Collection , transportation and delivery of items
* Replace door handles, toilet seats, shower hoses and heads etc
* Remove unwanted furniture
* Replace plugs and fuses
* Turn off stopcocks
* Investigating and stopping minor leaks
Key Skills and Qualities
* Be self-motivated, proactive and able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
* Be able to communicate and work with tenants with physical disabilities or vision impairment.
* Be conscientious and punctual and responsible
* Be able to demonstrate good DIY skills
* Be teachable/willing to take instruction
* Be proactive/Can do attitude
* Be neat, tidy & well organised
* Preferbly have own vehicle (not essential)
* Be flexible and adaptable
* Have excellent interpersonal skills
* Be willing and able to comply with the Charity’s policies & procedures
There is an excellent benefits package, which includes enhanced holiday allowance, healthcare scheme etc
Hours are M-Th 8.30-5.00 and Fri 8.30-4.00
There is an on-call allowance of £100 (every third weekend) which is paid regardless of whether you are called out or not.
THIS ROLE COULD SUIT SOMEONE WHO HAS PREVIOUSLY WORKED FOR A HOUSING ASSOCIATION OR SIMILAR AS A MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.