Title: Senior/Managing Estimator
Salary: £75,000 to £80,000 + package
Sector: New Build, General Contracting, Mixed sectors
Start Date: ASAP
Our client is a successful and leading regional main contractor with an established reputation across the South West of England. Typical projects are between £3m and £25m+ in value across residential, commercial, care and education sectors.
Senior/Managing Estimator – The Role:
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior or existing Managing Estimator to join the Pre-construction team based from the office in the Bristol area You will be responsible for Estimating on a range of tenders on new build projects through the successful management of a team of Estimators. Depending on experience you may have the opportunity to mentor more junior Estimators
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
* Provide best net cost (supported by market pricing) estimates in a timely and organised manner.
* Meet tender return deadlines.
* On receipt of a tender consult with the pre-construction team to assess suitability of the tender and agree whether to provide a bid or decline
* Maintain Estimating resource schedules.
* Agree the bid strategy with the bid team including potential value engineering, the structure of the tender return and important dates for completion of individual tasks.Attend weekly bid team meetings and provide support to the team as required.
* Prepare bills of quantities.
* Agree the tender list with the bid team and send out enquiries with sufficient time for the sub-contractors to provide quotations.
* Fully understand site conditions and constraints.
* Engage with the sub-contractors through the tender period to ascertain any potential
* opportunities within the bid along with chasing up tenders to make sure they are received.
* Prepare prelims book in conjunction with Operations team lead.
* Seek opportunities in estimate to provide competitive edge and/or maximise margin
* Present fully considered estimate at tender adjudication including all supply chain quotations, comparisons etc.
* Make all necessary changes agreed at the tender adjudication and collate the bid together for final sign off
Senior/Managing Estimator – The Person
* You will have solid Estimating experience with either a national or regional main contractor.
* Demonstrable experience of Estimating on new build projects as part of a pre-construction team
* Experience managing and mentoring others
* Experience pricing jobs in excess of £8m
* Experience across sectors including residential and commercial
* A good track record of winning tenders on projects with a good level of profitability.
* Commutable to the Bath area
* Competitive salary
* Car or allowance
* Company benefits package
* Varied projects a
* Continued local work within the South West region.
Please contact Foresight Search for more information on this, or any other vacancy (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.