Our client, a leading social housing contractor, require a Managing QS to help lead a flagship project in the East Midlands.
Multinational FM and Construction business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Interprets/understands the respective obligations, responsibilities and liabilities of the parties to the contract, and provides advice/guidance to the site team, as appropriate.
* To be aware of and understand what documents comprise the contract, and be fully briefed on the contract estimate, including settlement adjustments.
* Responsible, with the Project Manager, for ensuring that all site staff adhere to agreed site procedures and reporting systems.
* Responsible, with the Project Manager, for the preparation and production of all agreed reports to predetermined deadlines.
* Responsible, with the Project Manager, for the smooth administration of the contract, from start-up through to final account.
* Responsible, with the Project Manager, for archiving all essential project documentation.
* Responsible, with the Project Manager, for delivering the project to the Client's satisfaction.
* Responsible for delegating/allocating Quantity Surveying tasks to Assistant Quantity Surveyors, setting objectives and monitoring their progress.
* Attends site meetings and contributes to the resolution of commercial, contractual and construction problems.
* To be aware of and protect the Company's commercial interests by pursuing prompt payment for work executed.
* To be aware of and preserve the Company's good name in dealings with the Client, our suppliers and the public at large.
* Responsible for the production of all necessary documentation in relation to the resolution of problems; be they commercial, contractual or construction related issues.
* Other duties as required by the Project Manager/Managing Quantity Surveyor.
* Carries out duties/functions under Quality and Safety Management Systems.
* Management responsibility: supervisor. Key competencies typically include: complex knowledge of contract documentation; ability to advise the delivery team on the contract responsibilities, contract documents, contract sum, and settlement adjustments; strong leadership, communication, training, analytical and mathematical skills. Risk management and a proactive approach to protect the companies interests.
Experienced working with NEC Option A
Extensive experience working within a social housing contractor
Good communication skills
Good commercial acumen
Relevant degree or HND/HNC
Experience of working with the client concerned
Previous joint venture experience
Experience working on high value projects
Very competitive salary and benefits
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.