I am currently working with a European construction powerhouse that works across complex engineering projects in relation to the Education, Health and Life Sciences sector.
Now they are seeking a Mechanical Lead, this opportunity will suit someone who is Mechanically biased and looking for a complex project to get stuck into. On offer is a competitive salary + package depending on experience.
Responsibilities of the Role:
* Management of Site Safety in conjunction with the project team and the Mercury Safety Advisor. This will include the set-up, management of and closing out of the safety file.
* Management of Site QA, specifically with regards to the Mechanical package including set up, management and close out of file
* The junior engineers in your group will report on schedule progress to the planners.
* Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels. Ensure that there is a weekly minute meeting with sub-contractor.
* Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally.
* Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
* Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager
* Issue internal weekly progress report, to the Project Manager, highlighting areas not available, and delays, shortage of design, third party hold ups and percentage. This will be rolled up into the external Project report.
* Ensure all Sub-contractor documentation including safety documentation is maintained up to date and filed for future reference.
* Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the Support of your Project team.
* Issue weekly safety stats & project labour projections.
* Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
Your Qualifications and Key Criteria:
* Minimum 5 years previous experience in Project Management
* Proven record of coordinating and managing large installation projects
* Experience dealing with Industrial Relations issues
* Experienced in design and build
* Ability to work well within strict deadlines
* Ability to drive a large-scale project
To apply for this role please forward your CV to the link provided or call Julia on (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.