Mechanical Maintenance and Defects Manager
Due to company expansion my M&E client are looking to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance & Defects Manager.
You will be reporting to the Mechanical Director, this is a new role for the business where you will manage and promote the maintenance Division for combined M&E projects.
You will be required to manage the current planned maintenance contracts with both in house and specialist subcontractors and continue to promote and secure further contracts with new and existing clients.
The role will also manage the defects following project completion during the 12 or 24 month defect period.
This is will involve logging these from Clients and arranging labour or specialist visits to complete works and liaising with the client throughout.
This is already done in-house to an existing procedure.
All work is in the Midlands area, predominantly in and around Birmingham but we also have sites in Nottingham and more locally to the office.
Duties and Responsibilities
* The below itemises some of the duties required on a day to day basis for the efficient operation of the maintenance division.
* Creating maintenance schedules and delegating tasks to team members
* Logging defects and organising labour to complete these.
* Conducting site inspections and identifying areas requiring maintenance works. Conducting site inspections to ensure quality and compliance of works completed. Supervising maintenance staff and ensuring they follow safe work practices
* Producing costs for follow on/extra works and or remedial works as necessary
* Scheduling minor on-site repairs following instructions from Clients.
* Scheduling contractors for major repairs as instructed by Clients.
* Discussing maintenance concerns with the Clients and communicating these to Maintenance staff where applicable.
* Staying on-call and responding to emergency maintenance needs
* Developing maintenance budgets and discussing with Clients for contracts
* Controlling and monitoring inventory
* Co-ordinating work performed by specialist sub-contractors.
* Raising purchase orders and invoices accordingly.
* Growing this business area to include new clients and maintaining current relationships.
There will also be the requirement to manage some Small Works projects on the mechanical side in conjunction with our existing electrical maintenance department.
These will range approximately from £2000 up to £75,000 in size and will be carried out by both direct and subcontract labour. Ste/JD/MDM/12/21
For this role you will need to have a good customer focus, be organised in your workload and able to manage staff and different situation’s as they arise. Experience/Requirements
* At least five years relevant construction employed industry experience either in an install or maintenance environment.
* You must have knowledge of mechanical systems and an understanding of electrical would be advantageous but not essential.
* Hold a relevant trade CSCS skills card
* Full UK Drivers License
* Knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Excellent customer service
* Ability to work independently and pro-actively, making decisions where required. Excellent organisation skills
* Positive and Friendly outlook
This is a great role for the right person and in return you will get the following package and be part of a successful friendly team.
In return you get to be part of a friendly established organisation with the following:- Hours of work are 8.00 am– 5.00pm with one hour for lunch, Monday to Friday.
OOH Call out – tbc.
25 days holiday plus Statutory 8 days
Westfield Health Cash Plan Benefit 1 and NEST pension plan following interim period. Salary – £40,000 – £45,000 with Company Vehicle, PPE and Corporate clothing
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.