£50k to £53k + Package
My client has exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Supervisor to join our M&E team, based at our project in Southwark. The project consists of two phases, with numerous residential blocks within each phase. Reporting to the Senior M&E Manager, this position will be responsible for managing the entire mechanical installation process. Key Responsibilities:
* To review the programme / tracker programme, make your comments against it, read the ERs and familiarise yourself with the project, requirements, the specifications and the project drawings. Review their contract and ensure that they meet the requirements of their appointment in the Part 1 and Part 2. Identify long lead in items, and place order accurately and on-time. Coordinate with all other managers on your building regarding services and the like.
* Allocate the work correctly and efficiently with the sub-contractors, make sure they sign for the areas / common area which you assign them possession on site for record the date and the duration permitted. Inspect works done and sign off the form once works have been completed or as per the permitted duration period, ensuring the area is returned clean, safe and undamaged
* You will be familiar with current legislation, WRAS requirements, water testing requirements, Thames Water requirements for residential buildings, Health and Safety requirements, Building regulations, NHBC site specific requirements and ensure that the entire Mechanical installation meets with industry standards, manufacturer requirements, specifications and guidelines
* Maintain accurate QA- photograph all works as required to meet with ACL requirements, NHBC building control and your QA system Manage and quality control the entire mechanical installation process
* Supervise and coordinate all water testing and chlorinating as required under the regulation. Manage and coordinate temp water supplies to site where needed and required by the site manager
* You will ensure that tool box talks, task briefs are carried out and will regularly give tool box talks on issues which you find as unsafe practices to your sub-contractors
* You must maintain programme and write to contractors and sub-contractors when they are failing
* Organise regular progress meetings with your sub-contractors, take minutes and issue minutes copying in your Project Manager, Site Manager, QS and Design Manager.
* Prepare for weekly progress meetings with the Project Manager updating the programme accordingly and have a list of issues, actions and solutions for review. As part of our recruitment process for all roles including employees, consultants and subcontractors, we collect and process personal data relating to job candidates and potential candidates. We explain how we use personal information in the Candidate privacy notice
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.