Job Title: Mobile Small Building Works Technician
Location: Covering Leeds and the surrounding areas
Salary: £27,467 per annum (plus on call / standby – £150 per week)
Benefits: Company Vehicle, company pension scheme, BUPA (single cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
On Call / Standby: 1 week in 8
Hours: 40 hours a week – Monday to Friday (8.30 until 5 pm)
Our client is one of the UK’s leaders in providing innovative construction and engineering solutions for clients within a variety of sectors including Retail, Health, Education and Commercial.
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Mobile Building Maintenance Technician to look after a small number of Small/Medium/Large retail stores across Leeds and the surrounding areas.
This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive building maintenance across a number of retail stores. The role will involve basic joinery, changing lights, changing locks etc.
The purpose of this role is to carry out non-technical repairs and minor PPM’s. You will also assist in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance, electrical, and mechanical plant works at various sites with your Regional Electrician.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the laid-down company Health and Safety policy.
* Undertake planned and reactive maintenance building maintenance / fabric works in accordance with contractual KPI’s.
* Advise the building manager of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the running of the building.
* Carry out minor alterations and installations in accordance with current specifications.
* Complete general repairs and maintenance to the building as designated by the Maintenance Manager, e.g. repairs to the building fabric, such as, plumbing, joinery, changing locks, painting, PAT testing and drainage
* To assist other Technicians / Engineers on site when requested to do so
* To ensure all tools and equipment necessary to complete maintenance and repairs are available and serviceable at all times
* To represent the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with company and clients colleagues
Candidates background & experience: –
* Suitable candidates should hold a building trade qualification (NVQ / City & Guilds), ideally in Joinery / Building
* Ability to maintain / repair a range of building fabrics
* Willingness to work flexible hours
* Good communication skills (written and verbal)
* Ability to work at heights and competent in the use of steps and ladders
* Customer focussed and helpful / friendly manner
This is an immediate vacancy.
To apply for this role please submit your full and up to date CV to Daniel Murphy at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.