Salary: £highly competitive + valuable benefits
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an Organic Analyst to join an enthusiastic team supporting the department in our Environmental Chemistry Sector with the UK’s number one testing, inspection and compliance company.
Client focused and quality driven, we are a leading provider of Environmental Science. Now we need an Organic Laboratory Analyst to perform Analytical tasks and duties to the required standard, specifications and time constraints. To be responsible for the quality of their own work and to undertake non routine tasks as and when required.
* Be able to perform analytical duties without supervision to the required productivity and quality specifications after receiving full training.
* Be aware of and conform to the Laboratory Quality system, specifically UKAS (ISO17025) and MCERTS requirements.
* Maintain good laboratory practice at all times, following methods, standard operating procedures, local rules and regulations, maintain equipment and safe working procedures.
* Ensure compliance with the Health, Safety and Environmental requirements of the department and the wider SOCOTEC business, ensuring that the correct PPE and other safety equipment are used at all times, accidents and incidents are minimised and any Non-conformances are reported in a timely manner through the correct procedures.
We’re looking for a professional, dynamic and motivated individual with ability to work alone and as part of a team.
Communicative, organised, flexible and committed, you must also have:
* GC-MS experience
* Problem solving abilities and to be able to make sound decisions.
* Experience of working in a high pressure production driven environment.
* Good communicator at all levels with good organisational skills
In return, we offer a competitive salary, and all the benefits of working for a dynamic and growing organisation including generous holidays, company pension and discounts on high street shopping.
With over 100 years of history, SOCOTEC is the UK’s leading provider of testing, inspection and compliance services, operating across three sectors and offering an unrivalled range of technical expertise and accredited services, including consultancy. Proud of our innovative nature, customer focus and drive to continually improve, we put people at the heart of what we do, employing more than 1400 people throughout a nationwide network of UKAS accredited laboratories and offices, serving over 7000 customers.
Think you’ve got what it takes to add value to our success?
SOCOTEC is an equal opportunities employer
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.