Cultivate a healthy work environment where everyone can thrive. Taking a lead role in the management and delivery of employment and skills initiatives across Berkeley Homes (Oxford and Chiltern) with a focus on recruitment, on-boarding, embedding, training and mentoring employees. Provide decision support to the management team through people metrics to create sustainable change within the business.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Recruitment and On boarding
* Manage the recruitment and selection process, develop hiring criteria
* Ensuring Job Specifications are in place and up to date
* Providing training to employees to ensure they have the correct recruitment skills
* Engage with Group Central recruitment
* Build relationships with key recruitment agencies
* Develop and monitor the provision of NVQ’s, CIOB and other business related qualifications including offering training when appropriate and forming relationships with training providers.
* Work with the management team to embed Personal Developments Plans into the standard review process.
* Working with managers to develop Career Development Plans
* Work with current training to provider to ensure relevancy and provide recommendations
Coaching and mentoring
* Nurture a positive working environment
* Work closely with the business to build a culture of coaching and mentoring
* Design, implement and manage a mentoring scheme within BHOC
HR Primary Contact
* Act as the primary point of contact for HR.
Develop Future Talent
* To lead, develop and grow future talent within the business across the Apprentice, Graduate and Building Futures Schemes. Ensure the scheme drives the competence and skills of the business to ensure the business meets our talent and capability needs now and, in the future,
* Represent BHOC at job fairs and other employment and skills events e.g. Skills London, forums, external panel discussions etc
* Ensure progress reviews are being undertaken with relevant line manager
* Assist with the preparation of the monthly payroll input
* Monitoring absence holiday and sickness
* Report on employee trends and requirements to the Executive Team
* Produce monthly headcount and statistical analysis
* Work closely with BHOC designated charities and other local charities as and when appropriate
* Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word
* Prove experience of working in a similar role
* Preferred 5 years People experience, minimum 3 years
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Flexible and reliable
* Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders
* Reliable, tolerant, and determined
* Team player
* Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
Please note our standard working hours are 8:00am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday, though we operate a flexible working policy so working hours can be adjusted to suit individual needs
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.