Lignum Recruitment are currently looking for an Contracts Manager to be responsible for supporting the company’s expanding fire protection operations. You will join an established passive fire protection contractor company experiencing substantial period of business growth.
You will be working closely with, and reporting to, the company’s Managing Director and will assist the senior management team in delivering passive fire protection, in the commercial and residential sectors, with the typical values of up to £100,000.
You will be provided with full guidance and assistance required to develop your sectorspecific knowledge and skills in passive fire protection, including industry specific product training and qualifications.
You will be working in an environment, which delivers satisfaction, pride and fun with excellent opportunities to advance your career. Becoming an instrumental member of a successful team, you will have a plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development within our fast-growing business.
* Managing business relationships to secure ongoing business
* Handle customer enquiries, arrange/carry out site surveys and collate information required for tendering/quoting by the Estimating team.
* Identify and appoint appropriate internal and sub-contractor resource to projects.
* Produce schedules of work for projects and support the operational teams to ensure correct resources are allocated to each.
* Manage on site supervisors/operatives to ensure that projects are completed within agreed project timescales and budgets.
* Procure materials, chase suppliers and deliveries.
* Identify and appoint new sub-contractors and suppliers, including negotiating prices and contract terms.
* Carry out regular site visits and maintain customer engagement to ensure smooth running of projects in line with working schedules, including proactive problem solving.
* Manage project costs; analyse labour, materials and time, identify opportunities for savings and organisational improvements.
* To apply quality control procedures to ensure the maintenance of high standards of installation, service and compliance with the specification of products used on site.
* To liaise closely with the Client, or their representative, in the provision of the contract service, to ensure compliance with contractual method statements and risk assessments.
* To monitor and analyse project programs and customer demands on site and communicate to all operatives to ensure they clearly understand their targets.
* Keep abreast of changes in legislation and implement accordingly.
* Responsibility for ensuring record keeping systems are maintained in line with expected company and 3rd party accreditation practices and standards
* Ensure sub-contractor and supplier invoices are checked, authorised and passed to the accounts team in a timely and accurate manner
* Provide the Managing Director and accounts department with the information required to prepare applications for payment and invoices in a timely manner.
* Direct activities of all operatives, ensuring that they are properly trained to competently carry out their duties and responsibilities, as well as ensuring that they acknowledge and accept a personal responsibility for safety.
* Maintain high operational standards on sites, including compliance with H&S policies and other regulations, ensure that a safe system of work, COSHH data and installation details are produced and communicated to site supervisors/operatives prior to the commencement of the work activity.
* Complete site safety inspections and ensure works are carried out in a safe manner in relation to our staff, other site staff and members of the general public. Ensure that the safety is maintained and reflected positively through your actions and those of the site operatives.
* Attend corporate events on behalf of the company
Required Qualifications / Skills / Experience
You should have at least 5 years of experience in Passive Fire Protection or construction related disciplines.
Proven track record of managing a number of projects simultaneously and working within tight timescales to deliver successful outcomes and high customer satisfaction on projects.
A degree in a technical discipline is seen as an advantage for this role.
You should be able to read technical specifications and drawings in order to extract and interpret relevant information required for performance of construction tasks.
You must be highly self-motivated person – the role will requires working with a high degree of autonomy.
You should be an enthusiastic, energetic, self-disciplined and organised individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator. You should be able to demonstrate excellent written, telephony and face to face communication skills.
Excellent computer literacy skills are essential (email, MS Office and MS project management programs).
Driving licence is a requirement of the role
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.