Our Client & Opportunity
Our client is a focused planning and development consultancy. Having been around for 30 years, this well-established business has expanded consistently and is now one of the leading independent UK planning consultancies with a prominent office in the centre of Bristol. Due to growth and a very strong pipeline of work the practice is seeking a Director of Planning to head up and oversee the Bristol operation.
The Bristol team serves a relatively wide area covering the South West and South West Midlands. The operation works on an already well-established project portfolio which includes the promotion of mixed-use strategic sites, urban regeneration projects and rural schemes of varying scales. The company, however, operates as a ‘single team’ so staff routinely work outside of their ‘home area’ in liaison with other company offices. The Director will have a leading role to play in further building the team and client base. As a company this practice has embraced more flexible working and this means both that projects, workloads and experience are shared across the company, ensuring that the best service is delivered to all our clients across the country and home based/office working.
To summarise; key responsibilities and accountabilities will entail:
* Team Leadership and management
* Client development including oversight of existing client instructions and development of client opportunities
* Help manage the workloads and professional development of staff
* Contribute to Companywide business and development strategy
Expertise / Traits Required
* The successful candidate should be RTPI or RICS qualified
* Notable level of planning consultancy experience, ideally in both public and private sectors
* Leadership experience and be confident in client facing and business development roles
* Ambitious, personable with strong communication skills
If you have a planning consultancy background and are interested please email us your CV
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.