Farrans Construction are seeking to recruit a Plant Fitter/ Crawler Crane Fitter to join the Plant Team.
The successful candidate will be based in Cambridge Plant Department but will be expected to travel as part of their role. This will be to construction sites, Company fixed locations or other locations as requested by chargehand fitter.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Your role will involve working on routine servicing and repair of a wide range of equipment, including crawler cranes
* You will be required to work closely with the chargehand fitter to help provide support on several Engineering contracts
* General maintenance and refurbishments
Qualifications & Competencies:
* NVQ Level 3 Plant Maintenance (or equivalent)
* An appropriate and valid CSCS/ CSR card (Preferable)
* Full driving licence (Essential)
* Previous experience desired in line with the duties above
* Experience and knowledge of working in a workshop environment, plant, heavy vehicle and crawler crane
* Experience of working on telehandlers, excavators, hydraulic systems, fabricating and welding
* Telehandler Licence
* Counterbalance Forklift Licence
* Flexible approach to working hours and prepared to travel and work away from home to meet job requirements
* Must be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Strong communication skills and able to work and communicate with colleagues
* Good time keeper
* Excellent attention to detail
* Monday–Thursday 7:55am-4:45pm, Friday 7:55am-1:45pm.
* 39 hours per week
* Time and a half for over 39 hours per week
* Double Time on Sundays.
* Holidays– 30 days per year including bank holidays
Farrans Construction is An Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.