Plant Supervisor (Ref: 10240)
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Readymix Plant Supervisor to effectively manage all operations at our busy Cambridge Readymix Concrete Plant.
About the role
You will be ensuring all Health and Safety legislation, environmental and quality requirements are complied with as well as batching concrete to the correct specification.
Elements to the role include:
* To effectively operate a concrete batching plant to the standards required by the company using procedures including operation of the loading shovel when required
* Conforming to Aggregate Industries standards and guidelines, ensure the site, plant, buildings and equipment are kept in a clean and tidy condition and to maintain security at all times
* You will be required to undertake regular tool box talks, safety briefings and interactive safety tours. This expands to the day to day management of mixer truck drivers excluding shipping/order taking
* Ensure the depots maintenance improvement log is reviewed and updated, reporting any defects to the operations manager
* Ensure plant mixers are cleaned as and when required and defects reported in a timely manner
* Supervise all onsite hauliers /mixer truck drivers so that Aggregate Industries standards and procedures are maintained
* Ensure stock piles and aggregate bays are managed correctly and within the sites permit conditions
* Ensure all waste is reduced as much as possible and managed correctly following Aggregate Industries procedures and guidelines
* Maintain accurate materials/ stock data as required by national procedures and in doing so minimise the number of discrepancies/ anomalies at each month end
* Guarantee that all technical testing required for the production of concrete at the plant is carried out to the correct standards and timescales. This includes all value-added products and corresponding procedures
What will you bring?
* Knowledge of the industry is desirable
* Ability to work weekends when demand requires
* Good Supervisory Skills
* Customer Focused with a view to learning the shipping side of the business
* Good Communication skills
* Strong geographical knowledge
* IT Literate
What’s on offer?
* Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
* Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
* An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
To be at the heart of construction, we see our people at the forefront of the construction industry, transforming it into a more sustainable future. We employ highly talented, experienced and motivated people from diverse backgrounds. We have industry-leading capability in innovation, enabling us to anticipate and meet the changing needs of our customers. We are committed to developing strong and positive relationships with the communities we live and work in. LafargeHolcim has a global footprint with leadership positions in the vast majority of its markets and a diversified portfolio with a good balance between mature and developing markets positioned in highly populated areas.
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the front line of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 270 sites and more than 3,900 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services.
We’re also a proud member of LafargeHolcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 90,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.