This is good opportunity for a reliable and skilled Plumber/Supervisor to join a local company recognised for staff development and training. This role includes provision of a company van, uniform and PPE.
Your new company
is an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south of England. Our Portsmouth International Port contract looks after all sites under the supervision of the Port ensuring corrective and planned maintenance are responded to with high standards.
Your new role
To provide planned, minor and corrective maintenance works to all sites under the supervision of the Port Managers Department to include Portsmouth Cruise and Ferry Port and Camber Quay.
The company expects high standards of quality, workmanship, health and safety and environmental management and you will be responsible for monitoring, managing and supporting its achievement. We are seeking a conscientious, enthusiastic and experienced Plumber Supervisor with a can-do attitude and flexible approach.
The most important elements relating to your work are;
· A wide variety of plumbing repairs in commercial and domestic buildings and Planned Preventative Maintenance to included Water flushing, temperature recordings and water meter readings. Installation/replacement of commercial grade sanitary ware, (urinals, toilets, showers and counter basins) may also be required on quoted refurbishment projects/DTD repairs to include all required pipework pipe work.
· Ensure operatives are maintaining their vans, keeping them clean and tidy, have suitable van stock which is being replenished, and that they are not using excessive amounts of consumables.
· Book in labour, order materials and record these using our job management systems, keeping control of the cost of a job and checking progress and quality.
· Escalate to the Lead Supervisor any serious events or occurrences that need to be addressed urgently, and highlight key issues, trends or issues that could affect service delivery performance longer term if not addressed.
· Scope/survey large works, providing cost estimates in terms of time, materials, plant, programs of works, risk assessments, and method statements.
· Recruit and induct operatives ensuring they have a professional introduction to the company and contract and ensure the probationary process is effectively managed and completed to a successful outcome for the company.
· Understand each toolbox talk topic and deliver confidently yourself, ensuring that operatives attend when required.
· Reinforce the Health and Safety culture by ensuring that company practices and policies are being followed and adhered to by you and others in the field, undertaking documented observations, highlighting issues and trends as they occur.
· Carry out employee investigations, ensuring they are completed in a professional and timely manner.
· Carry out absence management procedures, undertaking return to work interviews, and performance reviews where required.
· Carry out accident/incident, and near miss investigations, ensuring these are completed in a professional and timely manner.
· Ensure that you follow and adhere to the Mountjoy Integrated Management Systems, processes and procedures.
· Embrace the Mountjoy ethos of "Integrity, built-in – doing the right thing even when no one is looking".
· Keep the Contract Manager and the client up to date with the overall delivery of works and the progress on any particular jobs which are important to them.
· Support the operatives in their learning and development, ensuring they have the right technical and organisational skills to do their job
· Review the Work in Progress and update regularly in order to make sure work is completed in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
· Be a part of the out of hours rota, providing a Plumbing only service.
The Required Qualifications for the Role
· NVQ in level 2 or 3 in plumbing or equivalent
· SSSTS Health and Safety (Desirable)
· IOSH Managing Safely (Desirable)
· Have a full driving licence.
What you will get in return
You will receive an annual salary of £31,311, a company van, 23 days holiday, company pension and life assurance cover. You will also have access to a number of other benefits that the company offers to its staff.
If you believe you have the relevant experience for this role please apply with an up todate CV to (url removed) or call (phone number removed) or (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.