Position: Project Manager – New Build Residential – Milton Keynes
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £80,000 – £85,000 + Package + Bonus
We are currently seeking a Project Manager for a recognised Leading Residential Developer specialising in private sale homes for a development of 318 units in Milton Keynes.
Company Overview: Our client is a recognised Developer, specialising in high quality private sale units in Buckinghamshire and surrounding areas. They have over 60 years’ experience and a reputation for high quality design, sound governance and good management practices. Their expertise has been recognised with various accolades including regularly being awarded Large Housebuilder of the year, First Time Buyer Readers’ Award and a number of WhatHouse? Awards.
Project: 318 units consisting of 196 timber frame houses, 27 modular houses and 85 traditional build low rise apartments. The project is just starting and still in the ground. It has a 4 year programme
Position: We require a Project Manager to manage the project from inception through to final handover and be fully responsible for all day to day site activities. You will be responsible for a Site Manager, An Assistant and a site based Materials Controller.
This is a no.1 position reporting to a visiting Contracts Manager.
Duties will include:
* Day to day management of construction activities in order to maximise profitability and customer satisfaction whilst ensuring programme, Health and Safety and Quality Control are upheld to the highest of standards at all times.
* Implementing and maintaining SHE procedures
* Co-ordination of Subcontractors H&S ensuring RAM’s are in place prior to setting to work.
* Awareness of the Procurement Strategy, supporting the QS.
* Attendance as required at Pre-contract meetings with Subcontractors.
* Regular monitoring of progress assisting the Contracts Manager in reporting progress and managing works to the contract and target programmes.
* Short term programming.
* Review drawings for build ability and compliance ensuring flow of all latest information to the supply chain.
* Support and assist in negotiations and orders with Utility Companies to ensure timely installation of all incoming services
* Sub-contractor pre-commencement meetings, progress meetings and recording including minutes
* Works quality inspections & checks
* Complete necessary take offs for ordering of materials as required
* Commercial awareness – understand the commercial situation and strategy.
* Awareness of the Project Profit Plan and your role in implementing this. Know the prelims budget and manage expenditure on the likes of site set up and consumables accordingly.
* Good communication skills with a particular focus on Customer Service.
Individual: You will have a good track record of delivering new build housing schemes and some experience in Timber Frame is essential.
Our client is seeking a confident and driven candidate who is able to self-motivate and take pride in their project.
In return, an excellent salary is on offer and long term future work is guaranteed
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.