Sphere solutions are working in partnership to recruit a Pre-Construction Design Manager for a forward thinking development client. The role will be varied and working client side you take responsibility for the design coordination of the project, from early design through to procurement. Building relationship will be key, working collaboratively with external consultants and alike to ensure that services are in line with regulatory requirements and required principles of all stakeholders.
The expectations for the Pre-Construction/Design Manager will be to manage the design process which will include:
* Working with Consultants to develop feasibility plans within expectations and the budget
* Previous exposure of working with Sectional Agreements such as S106, S38, S102 etc.
* Identifying key design risks/abnormalities between consultants and suppliers and to implement mitigation prior and during construction phase
* Perform due diligence on design coordination across the project
* Clearly define proposals throughout the Pre-Construction Stages of projects
* To be responsible for the design draft and full Contractors Proposals
* To manage and maintain an updated risk register
* Arranging and advising in all Design Team meetings
* Support in providing updates for all project reports
* Supporting all phases of the project and respond to all matters that may affect the project objective
Candidate attributes we are looking for:
* Degree level education or evidence of considerable construction industry experience will be considered as equivalent
* Previous experience in a similar role, ideally of a similar size or complexity
* Good understanding of buildability, design, planning and commercial management.
* Strong IT / reporting skills
* Excellent communication skills
The successful candidate will benefit from:
* Competitive Salary
* Longevity of work
* 25 days + 8-day bank holiday package
* Pension scheme
* Target based bonus scheme option.
* Flexible and fair working conditions and environment with the option to work from home when the project allows.
If this is of interest and you would like to discuss the role in confidence please call Jo on (phone number removed) for a confidential chat in the first instance. Sphere Solutions are one of the South West & Wales market leaders in providing recruitment services to the built environment. With specialist consultants based in our regional offices (Bristol, Cardiff, Plymouth and St Austell) we fill vacancies daily with contractors, developers, civil engineers and their supply chain in high volume with quality candidates
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.