My client's Engineering department is an integral and fast-expanding part of the firm. The team has extensive experience in the delivery of a broad range of development and infrastructure projects, across a broad range of sectors.
Due to continued success and service growth, they are looking to expand their civil engineering team, so an opportunity has arisen for a Senior or Principal Engineer based from the Oxford office. You will be working alongside the architecture, project management and planning team, but also collaborating with their existing Shrewsbury based civil engineering team.
The role will require some travel throughout the country to visit sites, but will also be subject to their flexible working philosophy.
Their Oxford office is well established and is going through substantial growth. You will be joining at a very exciting time and could help forge the future of the office, the work we do and the clients we work with.
I am seeking the right candidate who has enthusiasm and ambition to work with the service head to grow the team, and the services on offer to our clients. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team and lead the engineering input on an exciting and varied portfolio of infrastructure schemes.
You will lead the assessment and design of highways, junction, sewers, SuDS and flood risk management infrastructure, from feasibility through to the construction phase. You will be experienced at writing reports and technical notes.
The right candidate will be client focused and be able to effectively prioritise workloads and work independently with minimal supervision. You will be experienced in leading the design of schemes and have experience of line-management and mentoring staff. You will have excellent knowledge of industry best practice, guidance and standards and be able to produce design work independently.
You will be expected to contribute to the development of the service within the business.
The position is office-based with administrative support and the candidate will be required to manage client relationships, provide fee quotes, arrange appointments, and to manage their work to meet deadlines under their own initiative.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to marketing the service to prospective clients and win work.
You will hold a minimum of a HNC/HND or degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering, will have at least 10 years’ experience in the sector, have IEng or CEng and be a member of a relevant professional body. (Demonstrating significant progress to achieving IEng or CEng may be accepted for the right candidate).
Expertise in the following core skills is desirable:
• Feasibility assessments and reports
• Outline and detail drainage designs (SuDS and foul water) for various types and scales of developments
• UK highways and/or SuDS and sewer design experience is essential
• Modelling of drainage networks using either Flow or MicroDrainage
• Road and junction design, including detailed design for construction
• Experience of designing site levels
• Experience of S38, S278 agreements and technical approvals
• Consultations with various authorities (e.g. Highways England, EA, local councils, utility companies)
• Site walkovers/assessments
• Interpretation of geo-technical reports for drainage designs
• AutoCAD applications, Civil3D and/or Causeway PDS
• Flood Risk Assessments
• Good working knowledge of CDM 2015
• A full driving licence is required
If your skills and experience match the description above, please apply for immediate attention
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.