Senior or Principal Electrical Design Engineer (Building Services)
£55k – £70k Dept on Experience
Building Services / Consultancy / MEP / Senior Electrical Design Engineer / Electrical Engineer
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a creative and driven Senior or Principal Electrical Engineer to join a building services consultancy in Dorset
As a Senior or Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs and managing a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed, and profitability is achieved.
* You will be working on a varied portfolio of varied portfolio of projects across key sectors.
* You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office,
* Responsible for dealing successfully with Clients and other professionals
* Awareness of consultant appointment conditions
* Define and agree brief with Client
* Manage and prioritise the workload of a project team including specialist groups.
* Host and chair internal project team meetings
* Contribute to the professional development of individual team members.
* Actively lead self and identify opportunities and provide support for career development of others
* Monitor project expenditure and report to Project leader
* Ensure quality standards and technical accuracy is delivered.
* Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering
* Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
* Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
* Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
* Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
* Understand and identify resource needs
* Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
* Ideally Chartered engineer or working towards
This role offers an extensive benefits package
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.