Farrans is currently recruiting a Procurement Buyer for one of the largest water infrastructure projects the UK has ever seen – Anglian Water Strategic Pipeline Alliance (SPA).
What will you be doing as our new Procurement Buyer?
* An integral part of SPAs Supply Chain Ecosystem function, the Procurement Buyer will work in an agile team to support the day-to-day procurement requirements of the delivery teams out on site.
* The Procurement Buyer will be responsible for processing requisitions and generating purchase orders that ensure SPA gets the right products, at the right time, to the right place, at the right price.
* The Procurement Buyer shall be tasked with contributing to outperformance against SPA’s affordability challenge, driving efficiencies by bringing enthusiasm and innovation to our ways of working whilst building trusted and value-added relationships internally and externally.
* Manage the ordering/buying process for products, components, materials, and services for site teams.
* Liaising with the site teams to ensure requirements are understood, key supply side factors are considered [lead times] and requirements delivered on time.
* Communication with suppliers to ensure delivery timescales and requirements are understood.
* Supporting the goods receipting [GRN] process to ensure timely payment of suppliers.
* Proactively managing day to day supplier performance and highlighting issues or opportunities to improve.
* Providing healthy challenge to the site teams regarding their requirements in support of SPAs response to our affordability challenge.
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours….
A procurement buyer with a proven track record of:
* Programme and project procurement planning
* Building and working within collaborative fast paced environments
* Liaising with operational teams to challenge and fulfil their requirements
* Working with suppliers to support and assure performance.
* Stakeholder engagement
* Engaging with supply chains
* Raising requisitions / purchase orders
* Invoice query resolution
* Operating purchase-to-pay (P2P) systems
In return, you will be rewarded with an excellent Salary and Benefits Package which includes: Pension Scheme, Car Allowance, Working away from Home Allowance, Bonus Scheme
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.