Summary of Role
The client are high voltage electrical and civil engineers who are a NERS accredited Independent Connect Provider (ICP) and can provide Contestable Works up to 132 kV.
The Production Manager will have strong experience in organising and delivering completed Electrical Substations from design drawings to project completion. This role will include ensuring that the manufacture/assembly is delivered on time, meet`s business & technical requirements and is within the agreed budget.
• To effectively manage and deliver a portfolio of electrical projects from design handover to installation/assembly completion, including all associated as-built and testing documentation
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders
• To be responsible for the production materials/administration and the completion of project documentation, e.g. project plans.
• Identify and manage equipment procurement for each assembly project and liaise with the Client buyer on delivery of Long Lead Items
Main Responsibilities cont.
• To monitor and manage the assembly process and track progress against milestones, deadlines and budget. Report on these items to key stakeholders.
• To anticipate, manage and resolve issues and act as the point of contact for each assembly production.
• To run in-house/contractor assembly on a day-to-day basis and take responsibility for their delivery using more formal techniques as appropriate.
• To use best practice risk management, assessing risks in an informed and considered manner and to plan for the mitigation of these risks.
Project Specific Responsibilities
• Complete the roles required from the previous role of Warehouse Manager, role/requirement slightly changed due to new requirements/processes
• Open the warehouse up and close at the end of the day
• Ensure that all facilities are fit for purpose
• Ensure that all personnel are inducted into the warehouse and comply with all rules
• Ensure that H&S is complied with whilst persons are operating within the warehouse, Carry out Audits and complete weekly report to H&S Manager
• Be the POC for any stock related queries from the office or site
• Undertake a full stock check yearly, manage/update the stock list on SharePoint/Teams
• The stock list is to be updated to reflect all inward and outward movements, also the costs associated need to be annotated to each project when equipment leaves the warehouse
• All stock sent back from site is catalogued, stored correctly in the warehouse, and logged on the stock list
• All equipment calibration and maintenance for the warehouse is to be controlled and managed. Servicing, PAT testing and any calibration/repair is to be recalled allowing the works required to be completed
• Undertake the O&M visits to Bond Estates and compile the weekly report and submit to the client
• Undertake and control the stock audit with external auditors
• The costs associated with Stock need to be raised as a PO to each project when equipment is requested and/or leaves the warehouse
• Liaise with Designers, SPMs and PMs regarding stock/equipment required and ensure that transportation/lifts are arranged, and all costs are in line with the project estimate sheet
• Raise a costed report to the SPMs/PMs detailing costs associated with individual projects
• Identify and streamline the flow of equipment through the warehouse to remove any double handling, recommendations to undertake this economy is to be submitted in a costed plan to Senior Management
• Attend the monthly/fortnightly procurement plan meeting (Design, SPMs, Buyer, Production Manager) and formulate the Production Plan for all projects and produce a detailed Gantt Chart
• Review the individual project contractual Employers Requirements to ensure compliance during the production stage
• Directly liaise with Equipment Suppliers to confirm delivery dates and cross refer with the POs raised
• Setup and manage a monthly Production review meeting with design to streamline designs received and ensure economies/improvements are captured from previous builds
Project Specific Responsibilities cont.
• Written report to SPMs and Operations Manager on a weekly basis on the individual project production, including the minimum of current status, resources, risks, programme, expenditure/time, POs
• Produce a materials list for the build, carry out a tender for materials and raise POs for the materials against the individual project. Bulk orders are not to be raised unless economies of scale can be proved to Senior Management
• Produce the scope of works required for tendering with sub-contractors, ensure that any contractor is PQQ’ed and sub-contracts raised with collateral warranties where required
• Manage and assign both in-house and external resources to complete project Production works in all locations. Site and warehouse in conjunction with SPMs/PMs
• Ensure that resources are available for the onsite installation if assembly was completed in the warehouse.
• Ensure that all final testing and inspections as well as the as-built documentation are completed prior to handover to SPMs/PMs
• File all documentation in the relevant project handover folders
• Carry out QA checks on the installations and as-built documents in all locations
• Visit site to ensure that the site is ready for lifting operations for final placement, any discrepancies are discussed with SPMs/PMs and info passed to lifting company
• Ensure that any lifting plans are passed to SPMs/PMs prior to the works in line with contractual Employers’ Requirements
• All client equipment within the warehouse is to be inspected in line with the equipment inspection regime and any deficiencies/damage/expired documentation is to be reported with an action plan to rectify to Operations Manager
• Create conditional reports on a monthly basis for all client owned equipment that is stored in the warehouse and submit to Operations Manager
• Track record of managing complex productions projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment.
• Experience of successfully engaging with senior management and stakeholders.
• Working knowledge of Programme Management. • Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), Prince2 and project management tools and methodologies.
• Be able to interpret electrical engineering drawings.
• Good team player, self motivated and able to work on own initiative.
• Good influencing and persuasion skills with the ability to enthuse and inspire multidisciplinary teams and build successful relationships at all levels.
• Have a comprehensive knowledge of the HV assembly and installation processes.
• Excellent communication skills
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.