Job Title: Production Manager
Holiday: 27 days of holiday plus bank holidays
Location: Head office, Printworks and other London based venues
Reporting to: Head of Production
Working Pattern: 42.5 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, Monday to Sunday.
My client is a diverse collective of industry leading event businesses.
This group structure gives clients a more integrated, innovative and cost-effective offering by utilising one core operational team with specialist divisions.
Over the last 20 years, My client has worked collaboratively with clients to deliver impressive solutions for a diverse range of live events across the UK and worldwide.
Are an expert team providing bespoke event design, set build and production solutions from curation to completion. Working closely with clients to achieve their vision, my client has successfully delivered outstanding projects with absolute technical reassurance.
About the role:
The primary function of the Production Manager role is to quote, build, deliver and manage production at some of London’s leading venues and bespoke locations.
Example venues include Printworks, Magazine London, Landing Forty Two and Exhibition.
You will be responsible for dealing with new enquiries, creating bespoke quotes and managing projects. The role requires an equal measure of production and technical knowledge along with sales and client management. We are looking for a practical individual with meticulous attention to detail and great energy.
What you’re responsible for:
* Attending client meetings and discuss their requirements.
* Producing quotes with supporting drawings where required.
* Writing up RAMS and event safety management plans.
* Managing event logistics; booking scheduling kit, crew and transportation.
* Managing event budget and reconciliation after the event.
* Overseeing event on-site.
* Being proactive and upselling when appropriate.
You’ll need the following:
* 3-5+ years proven experience running a variety of production events and/or inhouse at a venue.
* Excellent client-facing and account management skills.
* T-shaped individual with a thorough understanding of two or three core production disciplines; Power, Rigging, Lighting, Sound, Video, Staging, Set Build, H+S, Sign Offs etc, as well as broader understanding and appreciation for the others.
* Proficient in AutoCAD or similar technical drawing software.
* Ability to hit the ground running and work under pressure.
* A team player that shares and takes onboard new ideas and methods.
* The ability to manage multiple events simultaneously, from concept to delivery.
* The ability to produce creative briefs and sales pitches.
* Passionate about providing high-quality production and fulfilling client expectations.
Preferrable, but not essential:
* IPAF/ FORKS
* Safety – have a basic understanding of our legal obligations towards health and safety and the roles of all duty holders under CDM2015.
* First Aid
* Good Knowledge of BS7909:2011 Code of practice for temporary electrical systems for entertainment and related purposes.
* Good Knowledge of Standard Rigging Practices
What we need to see from you:
* Commercial acumen – demonstrate operational knowledge and be comfortable with the mission, strategy, objectives and tactics of the company
* Customer service – demonstrate a strong focus on service delivery, be thoughtful and thorough in building and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers. Understand and anticipate customer needs and strive to exceed expectations
* Personal motivation/passion and drive – Strive for improvement to own skills, knowledge and behaviour. Take responsibility for achieving business results
* Personal adaptability – work comfortably and effectively in an environment of ambiguity or change. Tackle problems positively, receptive to new ideas and respond with flexibility and optimism. Have the ability to multi-task and balance numerous projects.
* Communication – communicate information in a timely fashion. Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues and teams. Listen carefully when accepting the input of others. Demonstrate effective written and oral communication.
* Teamwork – work efficiently and effectively in a team environment to achieve shared business targets and goals. Respect and support your fellow colleagues to ensure excellent service delivery to all internal and external customers.
* Integrity – understand and take into account the global nature of the business and work well with team members from other cultures and countries. Listen effectively, understand other points of view and maintain a high level of professionalism at all times
* IT – demonstrate proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.