Our client who are specialists within the Building Envelope sector are looking to recruit a Technical Project Manager based in the London Region.
Business Turnover: £7.5M – £10M
Project Value: £100k- £5.0M
Direct Reports: Site Manager
Systems: Curtain walling, Cladding, Windows, Doors and Glazing.
• Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all aspects of site health and safety.
• Evaluate and determine resources needed to undertake the project and reformulate
additional resources if necessary during the project.
• Look for cost-effective solutions to increase profit margin through value engineering,
variations, new techniques, negotiating prices for sub-contractors and materials.
• Develop and implement (in conjunction with the client) Project Implementation Plan
involving: finalising design, ordering materials, developing method statements, planning site work, organising and managing sub-contract packages, scheduling the labour and monitoring progress.
• Ensure that a cost plan is maintained for each project.
• Ensure that quality procedures are rigorously implemented by self and subordinates.
• Ensure that the company’s legal contractual position is protected when project variations to original specification/plan occur in consultation with QS.
• Obtain client agreement to make applications for stage and/or final payments at earliest opportunity to maximise cash-flow including resolving issues with client to secure payment.
• Encourage best practice and continuous improvement.
• Ensure client satisfaction throughout all stages of the project.
• Settles final account negotiations with company directors.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management for a specialist sub-contractor installing
* Curtain walling, Cladding, Windows, Doors and Glazing.
* Broad technical knowledge of all of the above.
* Commercial awareness.
* Good IT skills – experienced in the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
* Manage internal Company resources
* Understanding of the principles of contract law and how they are applied in practical circumstances
* Able to plan/programme a job, including materials and labour
* Negotiation skills
* Financial understanding
* Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business. Salaries are in the region of £60-70k + package
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.