You may not have heard of my client but you will have seen their work. They deliver exciting and innovative projects within the creative industries, from Olympic Cauldrons to film sets, from giant artworks to jaw-dropping structures. End clients include Google, The BBC, The Serpentine Gallery, The Brits, Amazon, Ed Sheeran, Netflix, Dua Lipa and even governments of rarely visited nations.
Their work can be seen around the world and falls into the following categories: large-scale events, film and TV sets, ceremonies, art installations and architectural schemes. My client is a unique and innovative company to work for. Their clients go to them for help solving complex design challenges, turning their concepts and visions into real-world things of beauty.
They are a multi-disciplined manufacturing facility spread over 14,000Sqm. They are based in four giant aircraft hangars that house engineering, fabrication, joinery, composites, 3D printing, finishing and a specialist manufacturing facility.
Their Project Management team is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of projects from conception through to completion. The Project Management team is instrumental in ensuring the successful delivery of our projects. This role also offers the opportunity for travel as many of our projects are installed around the world. We’ve delivered projects in forty-six countries and counting, so the role would suit those who are comfortable being overseas for several weeks at a time.
They are looking for Graduates who are looking for a challenge to kickstart their project management career, as well as candidates with experience of project management either in our industry sector or from other associated design & build sectors. Those with hands-on practical experience of designing things, building things, breaking things, fixing things, making things, inventing things and hacking things will go straight to the front of the queue.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours of work: 8.00am – 5.00pm, Monday – Friday (40 hours) with overtime and site work which may include weekends
Contract Type: Permanent
Based at: Tockwith, near York and site as required
Project Manager Role:
Our Project Management team are responsible for coordinating and managing a wide variety of projects from the initial brief through to the installation on site and completion. Working closely with all other departments, the ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, as well as some experience in managing projects simultaneously, with the ability to prioritise, multitask, and build excellent working relationships with internal departments, external suppliers and our clients.
* Clearly define & record the Scope of Works and Specification for your projects
* Facilitate the timely flow of project information between relevant parties
* Produce & manage Programmes of Work for your projects
* Manage change to ensure variations are clearly captured & communicated
* Drive the design process and contribute to the development of neat details
* Work with internal departments and The Production Team to ensure projects are resourced adequately to meet project milestones
* Actively monitor budgets throughout the project lifecycle
* Work with the Production Management Team to oversee the relevant manufacturing processes through the production phase
* Prepare loading & logistical plans to ensure projects are efficiently transported to & from site
* Manage crew planning documents to ensure sufficient resources & skillsets are booked for site and workshops
* Develop and manage procurement plans for all necessary materials, plant & services required for your project
* Provide advice and guidance to clients regarding project requirements, constraints & options within their available budgets
* Ensure all systems and procedures are followed regarding the Quality Management System and Health & Safety Policy
* Prepare and deliver project brief and debrief meetings
* Work with the Head of Design & Fabrication to plan and manage design review meetings
* Attend / host client meetings as required, acting as a senior representative of the Company
* Ensure the Design Team receive accurate and complete information in line with programme requirements
* Attend site to ensure the project delivery meets all stakeholder expectations
* Ensure all company / statutory systems and procedures are followed with regards to Health & Safety
* Ensure H&S documentation is completed to a high standard
A general education to include 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above (including Maths and English), or an equivalent educational qualification, or relevant experience
Skills, abilities and competencies
Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
Strong attention to detail
Strong problem-solving skills
Strong teamworking skills
Strong Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills
Demonstratable project management experience
Planning and logistical experience
Experience of working to varying production deadlines & changing specifications
Experience of working in the large-scale events, theatre and TV sets, ceremonies, art installations and architectural pavilions industries
Experience of leading a team / supervising
Experience of writing risk assessments and method statements
Experience of managing budgets for projects
Positive attitude to work
Highly organised and able to work flexibly, under pressure and to tight deadlines
Passionate, enthusiastic and driven
Have a flexible approach to working hours, so that these can be arranged to meet the needs of the business, particularly during busy periods of the year
Enthusiasm to support other areas of the Company as required
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.