Project Manager – Specialist Main Contractor
£65k-£70k plus package including company car, travel allowance, and pension.
Are you looking to join an ambitious company looking to set a new benchmark in a positive and innovative environment that can offer you excellent career progression and growth into a Senior Project and Contracts Management position?
Our client is currently looking for a well-established Project Manager to come in and take on at least 2-3 projects valued from £2m to £20m. Previous projects include a £7.2 million hotel refurbishment in Kensington and 19 residential units in Clapham valued at £3 million. The Client has 5 contracts that are about to start and has been awarded the contract on 2 other projects.
This would suit someone who has a solid construction site background and is able to work on their own initiative who can report directly to the Senior Project Manager. You will be spending 50% of your time on site and the other 50% doing the paperwork side of project management. Renovation experience is not crucial but would be an advantage.
Our client has extensive growth plans over the next 2-3 years and has many other similar projects at the tender stage, so after a project has finished, you will be given the opportunity to progress into a Senior Project Management role on future projects.
The role of the Project Manager
Reporting into the Senior Project Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Manage the project team and supply chain to deliver the project to cost, time, and quality standards.
* Provide a strategic link between the design department, commercial team, and site.
* Take a proactive approach to managing Health and Safety on site by ensuring safety targets are maintained and actively seek input from all members of the site team on implementing safety improvements.
* Produce accurate, consistent, and professional records, reports, and general information.
* Act as the main interface with the client and government officials. Engage with the client frequently, building rapport and ensuring you have a clear understanding of their objectives and are able to cascade this to the team.
* Survey sites to mitigate problems and check the viability of the design.
* Ensure the project meets clients’ expectations in relation to build and finish.
* Manage and coordinate sub-contract and direct labour workforces.
* Provide labour costing for various projects to determine feasibility and profitability.
* Supervise and coach staff as and when development is required.
* Produce reports on job progress.
To be successful as a Project Manager, you will need to possess the following:
* Strong track record as a Project Manager at a reputable Main Contractor.
* Ability to deliver projects on time and within agreed budget.
* Be extremely process driven and results focused.
* Able to manage and motivate a team and deal with any on site issues.
* A can-do attitude.
If this role sounds of interest to you, then please apply to the advert or give Ano Juru a call on (phone number removed)
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.