Our clients, a Design and Consultancy company in Ipswich are expanding. Therefore, they are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join their team. Your duties will be to advise clients on the strategic management of projects and portfolios. You will deliver a consistent and professional level of customer service at all times to Clients and other practices within the industry, and provide advice to various clients they service in both the private and public sectors
As a Project Manager your role will involve:
* Co-ordinate the tender documentation and produce all relevant notices for the tender process
* Provide advice on the economics of design at the early stages of a project
* Develop project scopes and objectives, including effective stakeholder engagement to ensure solutions are robust and viable
* Create and maintain project documentation, including the formation of project plans to track progress
* Undertake reviews of the submitted tender documentation to ensure this is analysed, scored and awarded inline with procurement processes and within the agreed timescales
* Produce the Contract Reports including monthly client updates, highlight reports, end of stage reports and cost status reports
* Control all post contract procedures to ensure the project is correctly administered under the contract including preparing and issuing Contract certificates including payment certificates, completion certificates, making good defects certificates, CAI’s and assessing extensions of time.
* Carry out professional research projects
* Assist in the investigation, reporting and recommending the implementation of new procedures and techniques. Take responsibility for the delivery of an initiative, commission or groups of commission
To be considered for the Project Manager role you must have:
* Between two and five years experience as a project administrator in the Design, Surveying or Construction industry
* Degree level qualified and working towards professional qualification e.g. MRICS, CIOB, RIBA or similar
* Understanding and hands-on experience in Construction or Property Management
* Well organised – you plan and prioritise your work to ensure that deadlines are met. You have the ability to plan and multi-task and can work to strict deadlines
* Experience of private and public sectors preferred
* Project or Asset Management experience or qualification
* PRINCE II certification is a plus
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Project
* Effective communication skills across a range of contacts.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure
* Monday – Friday
* 37.5 hours a week
* My client also offers flexible working hours based on the Manager’s discretion.
Our client is offering the successful Project Manager:
* Annual performance related pay reviews and discretionary quarterly bonus
* Subsidised travel: including rail travel and cycle to work scheme
* Annual performance related pay reviews and discretionary quarterly bonus.
* Generous leave entitlement, Medical scheme
* Employee social events: including quiz nights, bingo, annual Summer and Christmas parties.
* Discounted parking
* Health and wellbeing initiatives including wellbeing days
Due to the high amounts of applications if you have not been contacted within 7 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
This job has been posted by GCB Agency Recruitment Ltd who is acting as the Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy, working on behalf of their client who is confidential at this stage
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.