Our client is an entrepreneurial organisation that seeks to discover business opportunities in a variety of different markets, sectors, channels and countries. Our Client's key activities focus around purposebuilt student accommodation (PBSA), Co-Living developments and property management on a panEuropean level.
Working as part of a regional real estate development team, the role of Project Manager will be responsible for providing astute commercial advice, and delivering first rate project management services, across multiple project, ensuring they are delivered to specification, budget and most importantly on time. As Project Manager you will be involved in the full end to end management of several projects with an average build cost of between £15 to £30 million. This is a challenging and demanding role taking projects from pre to post contract management; including strategic project planning, contract, feasibility, design and construction management and cost control. In addition, the Project Manager will liaise closely with the building operator/client and wider internal development team to ensure a smooth post practical completion handover through the defects/stabilisation period and the closing out of all post contract accounts.
• As Project Manager you will have overall management of projects from inception to completion – feasibility, strategic planning, detailed planning, design, construction and post construction phases.
• Lead and manage complex projects and programs as the key client interface, manging project timelines, risks and reporting.
• Chairing project meetings with clients and consultants and communicating projects updates to all relevant parties – clients, contractors, development team and building operator.
• Reviewing project plans and specifications, scheduling programs of work and reviewing discrepancies • Managing project budgets and advising on options to keep budgets on track and reviewing costs saving measures providing advice to the Development Manager
• Managing project timelines, risks and reporting to the wider Development team
• Planning, preparing project documentation (PEP’s, programmes, contract documents)
• Preparation and presentation of technical and progress reports.
• Carrying out continuous appraisal of contractors’ work in relation to quality and compliance to statutory requirement and reporting to the development team.
• Oversee projects through a variety of contract administration (NEC3 and JCT)
• Work in partnership with other internal teams to drive best value and quality in the product.
• Advising Clients on masterplan development options, Statutory Consents and development agreements
• Ensure all contractors, sub-contractor and project partners adhere to health and safety compliance to legal and Crosslane standards.
• Degree qualified within a construction related degree; Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
• Chartered member of a professional organisation such as MRICS, RIBA, MCIOB or APM.
• Diploma in Project Management
• MAPM – member status of the Association of Project Management
• Project management related qualification (Prince2 or similar)
• Strong quantity surveying experience.
• Experience in delivering client-side new build commercial projects, ideally within PBSA, Office or hospitality sectors with individual project values in excess on £15million
• You will have in depth knowledge of managing projects from feasibility stages through planning to delivery, under standard industry contract types.
• You will have experience of operating at a strategic level including an appreciation of masterplan development and development frameworks.
• Demonstrable experience in pre and post contract project management • Strong demonstrable experience in managing partnering relationships.
Skills and knowledge
• Good communication and influencing skills
• Ability to organise and prioritise their own workload
• A good understanding of forms of building contract (JCT and NEC3) and experience of contract administration
• IT literate – including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and familiarity of the Internet for business use. Working knowledge of MS Project or similar.
• Ability to control day to day programming and planning, monitor progress and expenditure of projects
• Professional and resilient with the ability to remain objective and neutral in challenging situations
• Passionate about delivering the best
• The ability to motivate others and inspire results
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.