Our client, a national water infrastructure and civil engineering main contractor, is looking to employ a Project Manager on a permanent basis to be responsible for the management and successful delivery of single complex projects or packages of projects delivered under the water industries AMP7 Framework.
Working as part of the Production Delivery Team, reporting to the Construction/Production Manager, the right candidate would need demonstrable experience of the responsibilities below.
• Specific responsibilities include management of; health and safety, design, customer relations, quality, environmental, programme and the cost/value during both pre-production (ECI phase) and production.
• Monitor the progress of offsite and onsite operations against deadlines and budget limitations.
• Create a positive team culture and environment on your projects to support improved wellbeing and performance.
• Provide inspirational leadership to deliver company goals.
• Understand and put in place the basic requirements to reliably achieve expected project delivery programme, cost, and quality performance in a modern manufacturing environment. Effectively and proactively manage change and risk.
• Work with others to help achieve a step change in productivity which will include implementing robust quality management to achieve “right first time”.
• Establish and maintaining trusting and effective relationships with our customers, supplying excellent service throughout project delivery.
• Fully embrace the Company's cultural vision and consistently champion collaborative behaviours and our other core values.
• Work with our designer and the supply chain to optimise the benefits of using digital tools and expertise to integrate our offsite and onsite delivery approach
• Manage, support and mentor members of the project team in their personal development and identify competency gaps and training/mentoring requirements.
• Strong collaborative approach to integrate our own and supply chain expertise with our designer’s expertise to maximise the opportunities for offsite manufacturing.
• Fully integrate and engage with the supply chain to assess and develop their capabilities so that they positively contribute to our delivery capability and capacity.
• Display a sound knowledge of sustainable construction solutions and manage engineering activities that contribute to sustainable development.
• Work closely with our teams and supply chain partners to enhance their production line maturity.
• Embrace and implement production line approach on site including programme and logistics.
• Ensure the project/package teams challenge production line operations, achieving progress against plans and escalating and promptly resolving issues.
• Developing and managing production controls, driving continuous improvement.
• Ensure that management reporting is accurate and prompt.
• Driving continuous improvement of data analysis and reporting.
• Also has operational responsibility for the Offsite Manufacturing, Commercial, Mechanical, Electrical, Commissioning, Planning, Customer Service resources allocated to the project/package.
• Excellent team leader with great people management skills and strong analytical, problem-solving, and organisational capabilities.
• Able to lead and inspire a diverse team.
• Has excellent communication and customer service skills. Has an appreciation of MMC, Lean Construction, Agile Programme Management, Production Thinking, and other techniques that assure programme, cost, and quality performance.
• Programme focused with an ability to plan and organise resources to deliver on time and in full.
• Recognises the many benefits of maintaining exemplary site organisation and tidiness.
• Commercially astute – lead other team members to produce accurate time and cost forecasts and reports.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a range of people.
• IT literacy essential.
• Minimum HNC qualified in a manufacturing/construction subject desirable.
• Experience of both pre-production and production project management in a major project's environment desirable.
• Contract administration experience desirable.
• BIM/digital experience desirable.
• Professional qualification is desirable.
• SMSTS safety qualification and relevant CSCS card is desirable
• Experience in a similar role within a manufacturing or construction organisation is desirable.
Minimum Experience Needed:
• Demonstratable experience as a team leader and effective people management skills
• Demonstratable experience of commercial awareness.
• Demonstratable experience leading other team members to produce accurate time and cost forecasts and reports
• Demonstratable understanding of MMC, Lean Construction, Agile Programme Management, Production Thinking, and other techniques
• Demonstratable analytical, problem-solving, and organisational capabilities
• Demonstratable communication and customer service skills
• IT Literate
• HNC qualified in a manufacturing/construction subject or demonstratable experience project managing within construction
If rate of pay is a sliding scale what is needed to get to the top amount:
• Demonstratable experience in a similar role within a manufacturing or construction organisation
• Demonstratable experience of both pre-production and production project management in a major project's environment
• Demonstratable experience in contract administration
• Demonstratable experience with BIM / CAD
• Member of a relevant professional body
• Demonstrable experience with all job description responsibilities.
• Demonstratable experience with all points in the minimum experience section.
The salary banding is indicative and dependent on experience. Details on the full package are to be discussed during shortlisting
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.